About this product
Part Number: 100-0053
The TRIUS range of cameras was introduced in 2014. These were the first cameras on the market to incorporate a powered USB 2.0 hub in the rear of the camera to enable the user to connect their USB filter wheel and guide camera directly to the camera rather than multiple cables back to the computer - simplicity and convenience.
The new TRIUS PRO series follows on from that success. We have redesigned the electronics to give even lower read-noise figures and faster downloads. With the Sony CCD cameras, we are now getting read-noise figures that are better than CMOS cameras (when used at unity gain), along with 16bit data and significantly better dark-noise figure thanks to the impressive cooling. Dark frames really are a thing of the past, making calibration frames optional rather than compulsory, giving you more time to capture data and process your images.
The Starlight Xpress Trius SX-674 offers 2,830,000 pixels of resolution. Each pixel is 4.54 x 4.54 uM in size. It features exceptionally low dark signal so no dark frames are necessary for most deep sky objects. The new 'Trius' version also adds a triple USB hub and Argon filled CCD chamber.
- 2/3" format, high resolution 'EXview' CCD chip, with 2,830,000 x 4.54uM square pixels in a 10.97mm diagonal array.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Very high sensitivity - 77% QE at peak in yellow light - 65% at H alpha (656 nm)
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- High speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 1.2 second downloads.
- Three port powered USB hub built-in.
- Dry Argon filled CCD chamber.
- Built-in USB hub with three ports for USB accessories.
- Two stage cooler with dry Argon filled CCD chamber.
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.5 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope.
|CCD type ||Sony ICX674ALG (mono) EXview CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical anti-blooming |
|CCD Full resolution pixel data ||Pixel size: 4.54uM x 4.54uM, Image format: 1940 x 1460 pixels |
|CCD Image area ||8.81mm (Horizontal) x 6.63mm (Vertical) |
|CCD quality ||Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds). |
|Spectral Response ||QE max at 580nM (~77%), 50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM |
|Readout Noise ||3e |
|Full-well capacity ||Greater than 17k (unbinned) |
|Anti-blooming ||Overload margin greater than 800x |
|Dark current ||Less than 0.002 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature |
|Data format ||16 bits |
|System gain ||0.3 electrons per ADU |
|Computer Interface ||Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface |
|Image download time ||Typically 1.2 seconds at full resolution |
|Power requirements ||115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max |
|Cooling system ||Regulated set-point cooling supply with thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -45c below ambient |
|Size ||75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane |
|Weight ||approx. 450g |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.