About this product
Part Number: 100-0052
New, updated camera from Starlight Xpress
The TRIUS range of cameras was introduced in 2014. These were the first cameras on the market to incorporate a powered USB 2.0 hub in the rear of the camera to enable the user to connect their USB filter wheel and guide camera directly to the camera rather than multiple cables back to the computer - simplicity and convenience.
The new TRIUS PRO series follows on from that success. We have redesigned the electronics to give even lower read-noise figures and faster downloads. With the Sony CCD cameras, we are now getting read-noise figures that are better than CMOS cameras (when used at unity gain), along with 16bit data and significantly better dark-noise figure thanks to the impressive cooling. Dark frames really are a thing of the past, making calibration frames optional rather than compulsory, giving you more time to capture data and process your images.
- High resolution ICX825 CCD chip, with 1,447,680 x 6.45uM pixels in a 9 x 6.7mm array.
- Lower read-noise than CMOS cameras at 3-e.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Triple output powered USB hub built-in for guider and wheel control etc.
- Dual stage high performance cooler with -50C delta T
- Dry Argon-filled CCD chamber for efficient cooling.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Built-in very high speed USB 2.0 interface for sub-1 second downloads.
- Exceptionally high QE over an extremely wide spectral range from near UV to deep IR.
- Built-in autoguider interface and output.
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 400 grams load on the 'scope.
- Back focus aprox. 17mm.
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Friday, 25 October 2019 | Vikrant
Impressed with Starlight Xpress TRIUS 825C. CCD chip cooling is quick and enhanced. as already using the same sony ICX825 mono chip in Atik414ex, so can feel the difference between mono and color CCD (as CCDs are always superior to CMOS...
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.