About this product
Part Number: Trius-SX-56m
The new SX-56 camera from Starlight Xpress is a large area, full-frame CCD camera with a 16.7 megapixel sensor!
It utilises the popular KAF-16903 sensor which has a square format array of 36.8mm x 36.8mm, 9uM square pixels.
The use of a full frame chip requires a mechanical shutter so Starlight Xpress have developed a custom 'roller blind' assembly that uses mini stepper motors to provide an extremely uniform shutter action.
- Full Frame KAF-16803 Sensor with 9uM square pixels.
- 36.8mm x 36.8mm sensor array.
- Hugh 4096 x 4096 16.7 megapixel resolution.
- Multi-coated synthetic sapphire input window - elements the need for a dew heater by conducting waste heat from the camera body. Dewing is extremely unlikely even with maximum CCD cooling.
- Stepper motor driven roller blind shutter with extremely uniform illumination of the sensor even at 0.1 seconds exposure time.
- Shutter designed for robust long-term use but also very easy to service or replace if neccessary.
- Compact, dry argo filled CCD chamber with O ring sealing - no desiccant required.
- Optical window is easy to clean with an air duster or soft cloth.
- Build-in LED flood illuminator for RBI elimination (trapped electrons from previous images).
- Fast image download time - approximately 6.5 seconds for a full 16.7 megapixel image.
- Three-stage Peltier cooler to give greater than -45C below ambient.
- Efficient temperature controller to keep power consumption to less than 2 amps at 12v DC.
- Standard 'Trius' 3 port USB2.0 hub built-in.
- Compact overall size of 136mm x 136mm and 70mm deep (excluding handles).
- Only 1.7kg total weight.
Camera Field of View Simulator
|Active Area: ||36.8mm x 36.8mm |
|Number of pixels: ||4096 x 4096 |
|Pixel Size: ||9.0uM x 9.0uM |
|Read Noise: ||9e typical |
|Full well capacity: ||Approx. 100,000e |
|Peak QE: ||Approx. 58% at 530nM |
|Camera gain: ||1.5e / ADU |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.