About this product
Part Number: Trius-SX-825-Mono
The Starlight Xpress Trius SX-825 offers 1,447,680 pixels of resolution. Each pixel is 6.45 x 6.45 uM in size. It features exceptionally low dark signal so no dark frames are necessary for most deep sky objects. The new 'Trius' version also adds a triple USB hub and Argon filled CCD chamber.
The rear panel of the TRIUS SX-825 provides multiple inputs and outputs, as shown. The three mini B USB sockets provide independent USB 2 outputs for controlling low power USB peripherals. For example, a Lodestar or SuperStar guider and an SX filter wheel may be connected via these ports. The RJ11 autoguider output is opto-isolated and will drive any standard active-low guider input via an RJ11 'telephone' lead.
- High resolution 'Exview2' CCD chip, with 1,447,680 x 6.45uM pixels in a 9 x 6.7mm array.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Triple output powered USB hub built-in for guider and wheel control etc.
- Dual stage high performance cooler with -55C delta T
- Dry Argon-filled CCD chamber for efficient cooling.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Built-in very high speed USB 2.0 interface for sub-1 second downloads.
- Exceptionally high QE over an extremely wide spectral range from near UV to deep IR.
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera.
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO 'scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions.
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 400 grams load on the 'scope.
- Back focus aprox. 17mm.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.