About this product
Part Number: S560G-A
Es Reid Optical Bench Test
All StellaMira telescopes are tested in the UK by Es Reid on an optical bench.
Es Reid is highly regarded in the optical industry so you can be confident your telescope will, from the outset, have well figured optics, negligible false colour and spherical aberration, and no astigmatism (the bane of any optical system!). Star shapes will be round, not triangular, oval or egg-shaped!
NEW! Premium quality 85mm f/6.6 ED2 Triplet Refractor with 'two' ED glass elements.
Every StellaMira telescope is QC checked in the UK to ensure it achieves its full potential.
This premium quality apochromatic telescope has been designed for the most demanding astrophotographers and astronomers.
To reduce chromatic aberration to an absolute minimum StellaMira ED2 triplet telescopes feature two Japanese Ohara ED glass elements (FPL53 & FPL51) together with a third element from Lanthanum.
The sturdy 2" Rack & Pinion hybrid drive, dual speed focuser with 1:10 fine focusing and built in rotator is capable of carrying at least 8kg.
A non-reducing StellaMira Field Flattener is also available that provides a flat evenly illuminated field.
Price includes CNC tube-rings, 13" Losmandy-style dovetail mounting bar, carry handle and aluminium carry case.
- 85mm Aperture
- f/6.6 focal ratio / 560mm focal length
- Triplet optics with 1x FPL-53 element, 1x FPL-51 element and 1x Lanthanum element (all Japanese Ohara)
- Fully multi-coated
- 2" Rack & Pinion Hybrid Drive capable of holding 8kg
- 1:10 Fine Focusing
- Dual twist axis locking clamps - 2" clamp and 2" to 1.25" adapter clamp - strong, secure connection without marring nosepieces
- Fitted with a Synta-style finder shoe
- Supplied with Tube Rings, Carry Handle and 13" Losmandy-style Dovetail
- Includes a heavy duty Aluminium case with die-cut foam.
Telescope Field of View Simulator
Fitted with a heavy duty, 2" Rack & Pinion focuser capable of holding 8kg (17 lb). Features include:
- Hybrid-drive system combining 8 ball bearings plus a Rack & Pinion system for extraordinary stability and smoothness.
- Unique locking function holds the Rack & Pinion and drawtube in two directions keeping the focuser parallel to the optical axis.
- Dual Speed focuser allows precise adjustment.
- Tube length (dew-shield retracted): 440mm (17.3")
- Tube length (dew-shield extended): 515mm (20.3")
- Dew-shield external diameter: 110mm (4.33")
- Focuser adjustment range: 95mm (3.74")
- Tube weight: 4.2kg (9.23 lb)
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- Tube Rings
- 13" Losmandy Style Dovetail Bar
- Carry Handle
- Aluminium Carry Case
|Type ||Refractor |
|Aperture ||85mm |
|Focal Length ||560mm |
|Focal Ratio ||f/6.6 |
|Optical Construction || |
Air spaced triplet, Includes:
- 1x FPL-53 ED Element
- 1x FPL-51 ED Element
- 1x Lanthanum Element
|Lens Coating ||Fully multi-coated |
|Tube Material ||Aluminium |
|Focuser ||2" Rack & Pinion Hybrid Drive Dual Speed |
|Fine Focuser ||1:10 |
|Accessories ||Tube Rings, Losmandy-Style Dovetail & Handle |
|Case ||Aluminium case included with Die-Cut foam |
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Monday, 28 September 2020 | Marek
I've bought this scope several months ago while I was searching for quality affordable Apo. There is a plenty refractors in 80mm range from different manufacturers. What caught, my attention is optical formula for this scope. I'm not disappointed. I don't really think you can get better glass for this money. Build quality is superb, focuser is very solid and robust. I can compare this to my WO FLT 98, which I owned and StellaMira is optically superior scope. Yes you can get cheaper 80mm scope, but you get what you paid for
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.