About this product
Part Number: S650G-A
Es Reid Optical Bench Test
All StellaMira telescopes are tested in the UK by Es Reid on an optical bench.
Es Reid is highly regarded in the optical industry so you can be confident your telescope will, from the outset, have well figured optics, negligible false colour and spherical aberration, and no astigmatism (the bane of any optical system!). Star shapes will be round, not triangular, oval or egg-shaped!
NEW! Premium quality 104mm f/6.25 ED2 Triplet Refractor with 'two' ED glass elements.
Every StellaMira telescope is QC checked in the UK to ensure it achieves its full potential.
This premium quality apochromatic telescope has been designed for the most demanding astrophotographers and astronomers.
To reduce chromatic aberration to an absolute minimum StellaMira ED2 triplet telescopes feature two Japanese Ohara ED glass elements (FPL53 & FPL51) together with a third element from Lanthanum.
The sturdy 2.7" Rack & Pinion hybrid drive, dual speed focuser with 1:10 fine focusing and built in rotators (fore & aft) is capable of carrying at least 8kg.
To maximise the telescopes high performance a dedicated non-reducing Field Flattener is available that provides a flat evenly illuminated field.
Price includes CNC tube-rings, 13" Losmandy-style dovetail mounting bar, Astro Essentials M74 to M48 adapter, carry handle and aluminium carry case.
- 104mm Aperture
- f/6.25 focal ratio / 650mm focal length
- Triplet optics with 1x FPL-53 element, 1x FPL-51 element and 1x Lanthanum element (all Japanese Ohara)
- Fully multi-coated optical surfaces
- 2.7" Rack & Pinion Hybrid Drive capable of holding 8kg
- 1:10 Fine Focusing
- Dual twist axis locking clamps - 2" clamp and 2" to 1.25" adapter clamp - for strong, secure connection without marring nosepieces
- Fitted with a Synta-style finder shoe
- Supplied with Tube Rings, Carry Handle and 13" Losmandy-style Dovetail
- Includes a heavy duty Aluminium case with die-cut foam.
Telescope Field of View Simulator
Fitted with a heavy-duty, 2.7" Rack & Pinion focuser capable of holding 8kg. Features include:
- Hybrid-drive system combining 8 ball bearings plus a Rack & Pinion system for extraordinary stability and smoothness.
- Unique locking function holds the Rack & Pinion and drawtube in two directions keeping the focuser parallel to the optical axis.
- Dual Speed focuser allows precise adjustment.
- Tube length (dew-shield retracted): 564mm (22.2")
- Tube length (dew-shield extended): 635mm (25")
- Tube outer diamater: 114mm (4.49")
- Dew-shield diamater: 134mm (5.27")
- Focuser adjustment: 96mm (3.78")
- Tube weight: 5560g (12.26 lb)
- CNC-machined tube rings: 820g (1.8 lb)
- Dimensions of aluminium case: 670 x 230 x 230mm (26.4 x 9 x 9")
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- Tube Rings
- 13" Losmandy Style Dovetail Bar
- Astro Essentials M74 to M48 adapter
- Carry Handle
- Aluminium Carry Case
|Type ||Refractor |
|Aperture ||104mm |
|Focal Length ||650mm |
|Focal Ratio ||f/6.25 |
|Optical Construction || |
Air spaced triplet, Includes:
- 1x FPL-53 ED Element
- 1x FPL-51 ED Element
- 1x Lanthanum Element
|Lens Coating ||Fully multi-coated |
|Tube Material ||Aluminium |
|Focuser ||2.7" Rack & Pinion Hybrid Drive Dual Speed |
|Fine Focuser ||1:10 |
|Accessories ||Tube Rings, Losmandy-Style Dovetail & Handle |
|Case ||Aluminium case included with Die-Cut foam |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.