About this product
Part Number: DRX-0125
Astigmatism correcting lenses from Tele Vue.
Your telescope's focuser is used to compensate for your near- or far-sightedness; DIOPTRX™ compensates for your astigmatism. These units attach and lock onto the tops of over 20 long eye-relief Tele Vue eyepieces to achieve the sharpest full-field viewing possible. DIOPTRX™ models are available in ¼ to 3½ diopter (¼ steps from ¼ to 2½ diopters, then ½ diopter steps to 3½-diopters), and are rotatable for tuning to the best orientation. A series of engraved letters on the barrel helps to monitor orientation. All lenses are multi-coated glass in anodized aluminum housings with rubber eyeguards.
To choose the correct Dioptrx lens simply choose the lens that corresponds with the Cylinder reading on your eye prescription, ignoring the +/-.
BENEFITS OF USING DIOPTRX OVER EYEGLASSES
- Sharper, higher contrast views.
- Dioptrx can be rotated to exactly compensate for the astigmatic axis angle in real time, since both head angle and age can vary your eyesight astigmatic angle.
- Dioptrx likely has better multi-coatings than eyeglasses, and certainly is better in transmission and reflection reduction than uncoated eyeglass.
- Dioptrx is more likely to be cleaner than eyeglasses, which may have scratches and smudges from constant use and wear and tear.
- Dioptrx allows seeing your normal maximum contrast that eyeglasses can diminish (remove your eyeglasses and see how contrast improves in normal vision).
Long Eye-Relief Tele Vue Eyepieces that accept DIOPTRX™
Plössl - 55mm, 40mm, 32mm.
DeLite - All
Panoptic - 41mm, 35mm, 27mm, 24mm*, 19mm* (*requires DEA-0001 adapter)
Delos - All.
Nagler Type 4 - 22mm, 17mm, 12mm.
Nagler Type 5 - 31mm, 26mm, 20mm* (*requires DEA-0001 adapter).
Nagler Type 6 - All* (*requires DNA-6000 adapter)
Ethos - All.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.