About this product
Part Number: 10243
Optical Bench Test
FLO tests all Esprit telescopes before dispatch.
You can be confident your telescope will, from the outset, have well figured optics, negligible false colour and spherical aberration, and no astigmatism (the bane of any optical system!).
Star shapes will be round, not triangular, oval or egg-shaped!
Price includes a pre-dispatch optical bench test.
Sky-Watcher Professional ESPRIT 3-Element ED apochromatic refractors offer optical performance rivalling similar telescopes from even the most famous high-end brands.
Designed primarily for demanding astro-imagers wanting high-contrast images full of detail and zero detectable colour fringing, even on the brightest of objects!
An M48-fitting doublet field flattener is also available to flatten the field and minimise aberration and distortion. When used with the field flattener the Esprit-80's imaging circle is 33mm.
The M48 fitting provides a large clear aperture to reduce halation and a precision thread ensures the triplet and doublet lens groups are precisely aligned on the optical axis perpendicular to the image.
Price includes storage case.
- Premium optical materials
- 3-Element Objective Lens, Focal Length 400mm (one Ohara FPL-53 ED element)
- Short focal length and full frame corrected focal plane
- Excellent field flatness across a 33mm imaging circle when used with the optically-matched field flattener
- Precision linear power focuser
- Metallic high-transmission lens coatings
- Light-baffled optical systems
- Telescope tube attachment hardware
- Knife-edge Baffled Optical System
2.7” Dual Speed Linear Power Focuser
- 2.7” LPF with 2” and 1.25” eyepiece adaptors and indexed scale
- Zero focus-shift during focusing
- High Load Capacity
- New drawtube with steel sheet held by four large bearings makes focusing smoother than ever
- The smooth focus motion and 11:1 fine focus wheel allows precision adjustment and critical focusing of eyepieces & cameras
- Patent-pending design
Optical Design : Apochromatic Triplet with ED element
Diameter : 80mm
Focal Length : 400mm
F-ratio : f/5
Linear Power Focuser Diameter : 2.7"
Tube Weight : 3.97 kg
Tube Dimensions : 8.3 x 45 cm
What's in the box
- Esprit Telescope OTA
- Heavy Duty Foam-Lined Storage/Transportation Case
- 2” Dielectric Star Diagonal
- 9x50 Right-Angled Erect Image Finderscope
- Dovetail Mounting Shoe
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |
Monday, 21 May 2018 | Alastair
I recently upgraded to the Esprit 80 (from a very competent 130PDS).
The weight, glass configuration, wide FOV and F/5 makes this a perfect imaging scope for me.
I took the option to have the scope Es Reid bench tested prior to despatch and it was declared 'Excellent' (first light with the scope very much confirmed this with pin point stars across the field).
The scope came very well packaged in its very sturdy aluminium case.
The scope itself is very well finished and screams quality. The focuser holds the matched field flattener, ZWO EFW, spacers and ASI1600 without issue and during a 40 min image run there was zero movement.
Having a foot rather than tube rings is a curious decision by Sky-watcher as it's clearly designed for imaging but this is an extremely minor quibble and the Esprit is easily mounted onto a vixen dovetail. I had tried mounting it on an existing Sky-watcher dovetail but this didn't work so FLO recommended a suitable alternative (the ADM Vixen-type Universal Dovetail bars fit the Esprit shoe perfectly).
The service received from FLO throughout the transaction was excellent, as usual.
Sunday, 22 March 2015 | Shaun
I purchased the scope mainly to use combined with the Quark Chromosphere solar Filter.
I experienced my first light during the March 2015 solar eclipse and I was totally blown away by the views of both the prominences and surface detail that can be seen.
I have also used the scope to view the stars and Lunar surface, the sharpness of the detail seen and the wide-field views of the stars are nothing short of fantastic.
The scope itself is extremely well built and has a top class finish. I am sure I will be using this scope for many years to come.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.