About this product
Part Number: GS 630
Stella Lyra 8" f/5 Newtonian Reflector Optical Tube
Designed and manufactured to a very high standard by Guan Sheng Optical (GSO) in Taiwan.
The Stella Lyra 8" F5 Newtonian offers high-quality optics in a compact optical tube.
With its f/5 focal ratio, this telescope has excellent astrophotography potential whilst being a little easier to collimate than its F4 brother.
All StellaLyra imaging Newtonian telescopes feature GSO aluminised parabolic primary mirrors with minimum 93% reflectivity and a silicon-dioxide protective overcoat to ensure the surface remains bright for years.
The sturdy dual-speed 2" Linear Bearing (aka Monorail) Crayford focuser has enough tension for most small/medium size imaging payloads and provides precise, smooth focus adjustments.
A nicely made 8x50 straight finderscope with fully multicoated optics is included.
It is supplied with metal tube-rings and a Vixen-style dovetail mounting plate.
Note: For astrophotography, a coma corrector is required for optimum results.
- 200mm (8") optical aperture
- 1000mm focal length
- f/5 focal ratio
- BK7 primary and secondary mirrors
- Primary mirror: Parabolic with enhanced Al coating for 93%+ reflectivity
- Secondary mirror: With enhanced Al coating for 93%+ reflectivity
- Adjustable primary and secondary collimation
- 2" dual-speed Linear Bearing (aka Monorail) focuser
- Vixen/Synta Style Finder scope base
- 8x50 Straight through finder and bracket
- Vixen-Style 44mm Dovetail
- Weighs 9kg, including tube rings and finder.
- 900mm long with a 230mm diameter.
What's in the box
- 200 mm f/5 Newtonian
- Tube Rings
- Vixen-Style Dovetail
- 8x50 Optical Finder Scope
- Dust Cap
|Aperture: ||200 mm (8") |
|Focal length: ||1000 mm |
|F-ratio: ||f/5 |
|Primary mirror: ||Parabolic primary mirror with 94 % reflection and Quartz protection coating |
|Secondary mirror: ||63 mm - ideal for APS-C format sensors with suitable coma correctors |
|Field of view: ||roughly 28 mm illumination (90 %) - suitable for APS-C format cameras and large 2" eyepieces |
|Focuser: ||2" Dual Speed Linear Bearing Dual Speed focuser with adapter to 1,25" and ring clamping |
|Backfocus: ||roughly 78 mm |
|Tube weight: || 12.2 kg |
|Tube diameter: || 230 mm |
|Tube length: ||900 mm |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.