About this product
Part Number: TPM8F4
TS-PHOTON 203/800mm Advanced Newtonian for Astrophotography and Observing
Astrophotography is easy for you with this compact Newtonian from the TS-PHOTON series. Due to the aperture ratio of f/4, this astrograph provides pure speed and therefore short exposure times. Of course, we also offer the matching coma corrector TS SUPERFLAT. Thus this PHOTON Newtonian becomes a very good astrograph.
Immerse yourself in the world of deep-sky observing with the PHOTON 8" f/4. The large aperture and the enhanced reflectivity of 94% offer unforgettable observations beyond the solar system. Watch exciting details, like spiral arms of galaxies or fine structures in planetary nebulae.
The Newtonian is still well supported by portable mounts like the GoTo mount Celestron Advanced VX or the Skywatcher EQ5 mount. Purely visual observers can also use an altazimuth mount. You can find suitable mounts in the "recommended accessories" section.
- Aperture 203 mm / focal length 800 mm / focal ratio F4
- High-quality parabolic primary mirror with 94% reflectivity for a brighter image.
- Large secondary mirror with 70 mm diameter for a well-illuminated image field - also suitable for cameras with full-frame size sensors.
- Precise 2" Crayford focuser, 1:10 dual speed for accurate focusing - motor focus is optionally available.
- Adjustable primary and secondary mirror cells made of metal, useful collimation aid on the primary mirror.
- Focus position ready for observing with all popular eyepieces and for astrophotography.
- Extensive scope of delivery: 8x50 finder, tube rings, 2" extension tube for observing, dovetail bar.
- Quicker ready for photography and observing through fan for the primary mirror.
- Weighs 8.4kg including tube rings and finder.
- 730mm long with a 230mm diameter.
What's in the box
- TS-PHOTON 8" f/4 Newtonian
- Tube rings
- Vixen-Style Dovetail
- 2" 35mm Extension Tube
- Dust Cap
- Primary Mirror Fan with Battery Holder
- 8x50 Optical Finder Scope
|Aperture: ||203 mm (8") |
|Focal length: ||800 mm |
|Focal ratio: ||f/4 |
|Primary mirror: ||Parabolic primary mirror of BK7 with 94% reflection and protective quartz layer |
|Secondary mirror: ||70 mm minor axis with 94% enhanced reflection and protective quartz layer |
|100% illuminated field: ||25 mm - ideal for APS-C format sensors with suitable coma corrector |
|90% illuminated field: ||38 mm - thus suitable also for larger sensors (flats recommended) |
|Resolution: ||0.58 arc seconds |
|Limiting magnitude visually: ||13.3 mag |
|Focuser: ||2" Crayford focuser, dual speed, adapter to 1.25" and compression rings |
|Tube weight: ||8.4 kg with tube rings and finder |
|Dimensions of the tube: ||Length 730 mm, diameter 230 mm |
|Tube material: ||Steel |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.