About this product
Part Number: 50842
This robust tripod with two-way head offers excellent stability with precise control. Comfortably manages Spotting Scopes and Observation Binoculars of up to 100mm Diameter.
Recommended for nature or astronomical Observing and Video applications.
- Maximum Height (fully extended): 180cm
- Minimum Height (retracted): 78cm
- Quick-Adjust Vertical Tension
- Geared 31cm Centre Column with Lock & Brace
- 360° Panning, -90° to +60° Vertical Adjustment
- 3-Section Heavy-Duty Tubular Aluminium Legs
- Bubble-Level for Accurate Levelling
- Heavy-Duty Twist-Type Leg-Locks with Rubber Grips
- Self-Levelling Rubber Feet with Screw-out Metal Spikes
- Weight 3.58kg
“Extends to an impressive height…The tripod remains stable even when extended, due to a bracket that locked the legs into place…We especially liked the way in which the adaptor plate was fitted into the mount, which is held in place by a sprung locking mechanism. Telescopes are expensive, so it’s worth making sure they are securely attached.”
BBC Sky At Night Magazine
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Thursday, 26 January 2012 | John
I bought this tripod as a replacement mount for a 15x70 binocular.
The tripod is extremely stable.
Very high quality. Easy to set up.
I particularly liked the adjustment settings which include the ability to set friction.
The tripod also extended up a reasonable height so that I can easily view objects at zenith without having to kneel or bend knees.
To get the best you should really buy a decent rigid adapter to mount the binocular on the tripod (I got horrible plastic one supplied with my binocular). FLO do a good adapter...
Good value for money. Wish I'd bought something like this years ago.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. What is the maximum height with the center bar fully extended?
The maximum height is 6'3" / 190cm.