About this product
Part Number: AD056
Astro Essentials 1.25" #12 Yellow Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #12 Yellow Filter
- This filter helps to increase the contrast of lunar features when used with larger telescopes.
- It also helps to reveal subtle differences in the clouds of Venus.
- This is a very popular filter for observing Mars. It helps increase the contrast between light and dark areas, sharpens edges of yellow dust clouds and reveal blue clouds.
- Used to observe Jupiter and Saturn this filter enhances red and orange belt and zone features.
- Uranus and Neptune details benefit, but only when used with a larger telescope.
- Definition of tails in bright comets is also improved.
- Wratten #12 Yellow Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Monday, 7 December 2020 | Fahmida
The filter it self is good like you can diagnose any thing contact lens related or corneal abrasions of sorts.
However, the only reason I've given it 4 stars is because its quite small. Its my fault I didn't look at the dimensions but even so the filter itself is as small as my volk lenses which I find hard putting in front of illumination system.
Otherwise good for diagnosis!
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.