About this product
Part Number: AD061
Astro Essentials 1.25" #47 Violet Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #47 Violet Filter
- The most popular use of this filter is to help reveal details in the cloud tops of Venus. It can also help to enhance lunar definition.
- Use to observe Mars, it helps to reveal high clouds as well as haze in the polar regions. Used on Saturn it can help to reveal details within the ring structure.
- The low light transmission of this filter means that it should only be used on larger telescopes.
- Wratten #47 Violet Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
|Average Rating (1 Review): |Astro Essentials 1.25" #47 Violet Filter
Friday, 18 June 2021 | James
For my purposes the title should perhaps read Micro Essentials 1.25" #47 Violet Filter, as I use the item during my microscopical investigations.. I use this hgh quality optical device to add effects to the photomicrographs which I produce, and find it to be ideally suited to this purpose and also to be perfectly compatible with the other equipment that I use.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.