About this product
Part Number: AD051
Astro Essentials 1.25" #56 Green Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #56 Green Filter
- This filter rejects red and blue wavelengths and is useful for a variety of planets.
- It helps to increase the appearance of Lunar features.
- On Venus it improves contrast in the cloud cover.
- Used to view Mars it enhances the appearance of the polar caps and yellow dust storms, if present.
- Darkens Red and Blue cloud belt regions, plus Jupiter’s great red spot.
- Saturn’s cloud belts, usually dimmed by haze in the planet’s atmosphere, are enhanced.
- Due to its low transmission of light, this filter does need to be used on a larger telescope which collects more light.
- Wratten #56 Green Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.