About this product
Part Number: AD050
Astro Essentials 1.25" #58A Dark Green Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #58A Dark Green Filter
- This filter rejects red and blue wavelengths and is useful for a variety of planets.
- It helps to increase the appearance of Lunar features.
- On Venus it improves contrast in the cloud cover.
- Used to view Mars it enhances the appearance of the polar caps and yellow dust storms, if present.
- Jupiter’s cloud belts show increased contrast.
- Any white spots visible in the atmosphere of Saturn are enhanced.
- As it is a fairly dark filter, and has reduced light transmission, so it should only be used on larger telescopes.
- Wratten #58A Dark Green Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
01 September 2023 | Pete
Brilliant service, from FLO, I will continue to do business with then now and hopefully in the future. I haven't had a chance to test the filters yet, due to the clouds that unfortunately escaped while opening.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.