About this product
Part Number: AD057
Astro Essentials 1.25" #8 Light Yellow Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #8 Light Yellow Filter
- This filter is popular for enhancing the view of lunar details, especially when used with small telescopes.
- When used to observe Mars, this filter reduces scattered light from slightly bluer areas. This helps to increase contrast of dark features.
- If used with a large telescope to observe Uranus & Neptune it helps improve resolution.
- When used to observe bright comets, coma and dust tail details are enhanced.
- Wratten #8 Light Yellow Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Tuesday, 22 December 2020 | Stephen
Purchased 4 filters and 1 included for free. Used the light yellow filter on the Moon, Mars and even the Stars in the Pleiades. Works well and brightens up the view.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.