About this product
Part Number: AD053
Astro Essentials 1.25" #80A Medium Blue Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #80A Medium Blue Filter
- The Moon’s features really benefit form use of this filter.
- Observations of Mercury in the twilight with this filter helps to reveal elusive surface features. Used on Venus it help to reveal subtle shadings in the clouds.
- On Mars this filter helps pick out high level clouds and the polar caps.
- This filter is the best one to use for both Jupiter & Saturn, enhancing details in the cloud belts, Red Spot and Saturn’s polar regions.
- This filter is also useful for enhancing ion tails in bright comets.
- Wratten #80A Medium Blue Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Tuesday, 22 December 2020 | Stephen
Purchased 4 filters and 1 included for free. The medium blue filter really brightens up a daytime sky and enhances the planets. Used it on Mars so far and it works great.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.