About this product
Part Number: AD054
Astro Essentials 1.25" #82A Light Blue Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #82A Light Blue Filter
- This filter has uses on The Moon and most planets, enhancing regions of low contrast but without the cost of reducing the overall brightness of the object being observed.
- Used to observe Mercury, Venus and comets, it has a similar performance to filter #80A.
- It helps to enhance surface features and polar caps on Mars.
- On Jupiter and Saturn it emphasises the contrast between the various dark belts and bright zones.
- On deep sky objects it has been used to help enhance detail in spiral arms of galaxies, such as M51 and help to split close double stars.
- Wratten #82A Light Blue Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Tuesday, 22 December 2020 | Stephen
Purchased 4 filters and 1 included for free. The light blue filter is good for the Moon and Mars. Loads of fun swapping the colours around and improves the viewed image.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.