About this product
Part Number: AD119
Astro Essentials 2" #12 Yellow Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #12 Yellow Filter
- This filter helps to increase the contrast of lunar features when used with larger telescopes.
- It also helps to reveal subtle differences in the clouds of Venus.
- This is a very popular filter for observing Mars. It helps increase the contrast between light and dark areas, sharpens edges of yellow dust clouds and reveal blue clouds.
- Used to observe Jupiter and Saturn this filter enhances red and orange belt and zone features.
- Uranus and Neptune details benefit, but only when used with a larger telescope.
- Definition of tails in bright comets is also improved.
- Wratten #12 Yellow Filter
- 2" Filter Size with M48x0.75 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.