About this product
Part Number: AD124
Astro Essentials 2" #21 Orange Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #21 Orange Filter
- This filter really helps with enhancing lunar features.
- The brightness of the daytime sky is reduced significantly, so is useful for observing both Mercury and Venus during the daytime, especially for revealing surface features on Mercury.
- Used on Mars, it enhances the boundaries of dark surface features.
- Both Jupiter and Saturn benefit by increasing the contrast between their dark belts and bright zones. Jupiter’s great red spot also pops into view using this filter.
- Used on bright comets in larger telescopes it enhances the definition of the coma and any dust tail.
- Wratten #21 Orange Filter
- 2" Filter Size with M48x0.75 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
22 October 2023 | William
First class service from FLO as expected, the filter is well made item and have managed to have quick look at the sun using it ,and it performs very well .
IMPORTANT: Never use this filter to observe the Sun without a suitable solar filter. Otherwise, you will experience serious and irreversible eye damage.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.