About this product
Part Number: DB-204
After seven years it was decided that the market leading Diamondback range needed an upgrade and 2016 has seen just that.
Price versus performance has been fully maintained but aesthetically the new sleek new look has already drawn compliments without taking into account that this makes them really comfortable to hold.
An all new optical system with enhanced dielectric fully multi-coated lenses serves up stunning views and impressive low-light performance, critical attributes in any binocular but very attractive in a medium to low priced binocular.
They not only feature an ultra-wide field of view but also superior Argon gas purging for protective fog-proofing and of course waterproofing. Add a rubber-armoured body and twist-up eyecups and nothing has been missed in the new 2016 Diamondback.
- Fully Multi-Coated Lenses: Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Dielectric Coating: Multi-layer prism coatings provide bright, clear, colour-accurate images.
- Roof Prism: Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Argon Gas Fogproofing: Superior Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Waterproof: O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the binocular for reliable performance in all environments.
- Rubber Armour: Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Multi-Position Eyecups: Twist up and down to precise, intermediate settings to maximize custom fit for comfortable viewing with or without spectacles.
- Right Eye Diopter: Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on the right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable: Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount. Adapter sold separately.
What's in the box
- Vortex Binoculars
- Rainguard Eyepiece Cover
- Tethered Objective Lens Covers
- Comfort Neck Strap
- Deluxe Custom-molded Carry Case
|Magnification ||8 x ||10 x |
|Objective Lens Diameter ||42 mm ||42 mm |
|Eye Relief ||18 mm ||16 mm |
|Exit Pupil ||5.3 mm ||4.2 mm |
|Linear Field of View ||420 feet/1000 yards ||345 feet/1000 yards |
|Angular Field Of View ||8 degrees ||6.6 degrees |
|Close Focus ||5 feet / 1.52 m ||6.7 feet / 2.05 m |
|Interpupillary Distance ||57-73 mm ||57-73 mm |
|Height ||5.7 inches / 145mm ||5.7 inches / 145mm |
|Width ||4.9 inches / 125mm ||4.9 inches / 125mm |
|Weight ||21.4 ounces / 609g ||20.6 ounces / 585g |
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Vortex Optics Diamondback Manual (PDF)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. How much do these binoculars weigh?
The Vortex Optics Diamondback 8x42 binoculars weigh 609g / 21.4oz and the 10x42 binoculars weigh 585g / 20.6oz.