About this product
Part Number: DS-85S
DIAMONDBACK HD 20-60X85 SPOTTING SCOPE
The new Diamondback HD 20-60x85mm straight spotting scope has been completely redesigned to take on the "family look" of the Viper HD and Razor HD 'scopes and optically upgraded to feature HD glass and a bigger objective lens for improved clarity and brightness of the image. A helical/barrel focus wheel allows for a sleeker design and a more rugged construction and new 20-60x zoom eyepiece gives a notable increase of up to 20% field of view.
The new rugged aluminium chassis has all-over full-body protective rubber armouring and the scope has Argon gas purging to prevent internal fogging and are fully waterproof. The external lenses have Armortek hardened coatings and features a built-in sunshade and rotating tripod mount.
All of the new Diamondback HD scopes come complete with protective eyepiece and objective lens covers, a Neoprene Stay-on-Scope case and are of course covered by the Vortex Unlimited Lifetime Warranty when purchased from a Vortex UK authorised dealer.
- HD Optics: Optimized optical system delivers impressive resolution, reduces chromatic aberration and provides excellent colour fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission.
- XR Lens Coatings: Vortex proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Dielectric Prism Coatings: Multi-layer prism coatings provide bright, clear, colour-accurate images.
- ArmorTek: Exterior lenses are protected by ArmorTek — an ultrahard, scratch-resistant compound that repels oil, dirt and the corrosive salts of fingerprints.
- Porro Prism: Offers maximum image quality and performance in a traditional design.
- Straight Body Design: Valued for speedy subject acquisition and ease of use. Most compatible design for use with car window mounts.
- Waterproof: Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the spotting scope.
- Fogproof: Nitrogen gas purging delivers fogproof and waterproof performance.
- Rubber Armour: The all-over rubber armouring protects the exterior of your scope.
- Adjustable Eyecup: Twists up and down to precise 'click-stop' settings for comfortable viewing with or without spectacles.
- Helical / Barrel Focus: New Dual geared focus system allows for fast yet precise adjustments.
- Sunshade: Reduces glare and shields the objective lens from raindrops and snow.
- Rotating Tripod Ring: Allows rotation of the eyepiece to a sideways position—most useful for viewing through an angled spotting scope body on a car window mount.
What's in the box
- Vortex Spotting Scope
- Eyepiece Cap
- Objective Lens Cover
- Neoprene Stay-On Case
|Magnification ||20-60 x |
|Objective Lens Diameter ||85 mm |
|Linear Field of View ||108-60 feet/1000 yards |
|Angular Field Of View ||2.1-1.1 degrees |
|Close Focus ||7.5m / 24.6 feet |
|Eye Relief ||20.3 mm-18.3 mm |
|Exit Pupil ||4.25mm - 1.41mm |
|Length ||400mm / 15.75 inches |
|Weight ||1740g / 61.3 ounces |
Downloads / Manuals
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. How much does this spotting scope weigh?
The Vortex Diamondback 20-60x80 Straight Spotting Scope weighs 1,320g / 47.1oz.