About this product
Part Number: VPR-65A-HD
VIPER HD 15-45x65 SPOTTING SCOPE
Easily one of the best performing but underrated 'scopes in its price range. The Viper HD is full featured and durable - in other words, exactly what you would always expect from Vortex.
Take it for granted that you will pick out all the detail you are looking for with the Viper HD spotting scopes thanks to XR anti-reflective coatings and HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass for impressive resolution, colour fidelity, and maximum brightness in all conditions.
Challenging conditions mean little to the Viper HD with its superior Argon gas fog-proofing and waterproof performance supported by a dual focus control for fast and fine adjustments, a rotating tripod mount and a built-in sunshade.
- HD Lens Elements: HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass delivers impressive resolution and colour fidelity, resulting in High Definition images.
- XR Lens Coatings: Vortex proprietary XR anti-reflective coatings, fully multi-coated on all air-to-glass lens surfaces, increase light transmission for maximum brightness.
- Porro Prism: Offers maximum image quality and performance in a traditional design.
- Angled Body Design: Valued for allowing an overall lower mounting height which maximises stability in wind, offers greater comfort when viewing for extended periods, and permits the use of a smaller, lighter tripod.
- Waterproof: Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the spotting scope.
- Fogproof: Argon gas purging guarantees superior fogproof and waterproof performance.
- ArmorTek: Exterior lenses are protected by ArmorTek — an ultrahard, scratch-resistant compound that repels oil, dirt and the corrosive salts of fingerprints.
- Twist Eyecup: Twists up and down for comfortable viewing with or without spectacles.
- Dual Focus: Allows for maximum focusing precision with both coarse and fine focus adjustments.
- Sunshade: Reduces glare and shields the objective lens from raindrops and snow.
- Rotating Tripod Ring: Allows rotation of the eyepiece to a sideways position—most useful for viewing through an angled spotting scope body on a car window mount.
What's in the box
- Vortex Spotting Scope
- Eyepiece Cap
- Objective Lens Cover
- Built-in Picatinny Accessory Rail
- Custom Fitted Carry Case
|Magnification ||15-45 x |
|Objective Lens Diameter ||65 mm |
|Linear Field of View ||140-65 feet/1000 yards |
|Angular Field Of View ||2.7-1.2 degrees |
|Close Focus ||4.85m / 16 feet |
|Eye Relief ||20-15 mm |
|Exit Pupil ||4.3-1.4 mm |
|Length ||395mm / 15.8 inches |
|Weight ||1,360g / 48.5 ounces |
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Vortex Optics Diamondback Manual (PDF)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.
Q1. How much does this spotting scope weigh?
The Vortex Viper HD 15-45x65 Angled Spotting Scope weighs 1,360g / 48.5oz.