ES Reid Checked Telescope
Es Reid is highly regarded in the optical industry so to ensure our William Optics triplet refractors perform at their very best we send them to him for checking and, if necessary, tuning on his optical bench.
You can order your telescope with confidence knowing it will have well figured optics, negligible false colour and spherical aberration, and no astigmatism (the bane of any optical system!). Star shapes will be round, not triangular, oval or egg-shaped!
You know it makes sense :-)
New 2019 GT-71 II Telescope - Checked & Tuned, for details see here.
The William Optics GT-71 APO Triplet refractor features a 3-element f/5.9 objective with an Ohara FPL-53 extra-low-dispersion glass element for optimum colour correction and a new upgraded dual-speed 2.5-inch Rack and Pinion focuser with 1:10 Dual Speed.
The William Optics 0.8x focal reducer is also available to reduce the focal-ratio to a fast f4.72.
An excellent choice for astrophotography!
Includes tube rings, carry handle/guider mounting saddle.
- Triplet air-spaced objective (FPL-53) in adjustable CNC machined ultra high precision lens cell.
- Extremely sharp.
- Excellent color correction.
- Each lens is Fully Multi-Coated with a special super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all surfaces.
- This F/5.9 lens is ideal for astrophotography.
- New ultra robust 2.5" Rack and Pinion focuser with 1:10 dual speed: a treat to use during astrophotography. No image shifting.
- Comes with two locking screws on angled positions for heavy load applications.
- Graduated scale for precise camera alignment.
Simply Beautiful Finish
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined Aluminium tube, gold trim finish, retractable dewshield, dewshield cap with patented Bahtinov mask.
- Top quality anodising.
- Very compact for carrying on flights.