New 2019 version due soon!
About this product
Part Number: A-F81GTIIRD
Latest Model GT-81 II Triplet
The new William Optics GT-81 II APO Triplet refractor features a 3-element f/5.9 objective with Ohara FPL-53 extra-low dispersion glass for optimum colour correction and a sturdy 2.5-inch, dual speed 1:10 Rack and Pinion focuser.
ES Reid Checked Telescope
Es Reid is highly regarded in the optical industry so to ensure our William Optics triplet refractors perform at their very best we send them to him for checking and, if necessary, tuning on his optical bench.
You can order your telescope with confidence knowing it will have well figured optics, negligible false colour and spherical aberration, and no astigmatism (the bane of any optical system!). Star shapes will be round, not triangular, oval or egg-shaped!
You know it makes sense :-)
Checked & tuned, for details see here.
The William Optics GT-81 II APO Triplet refractor features a 3-element f/5.9 objective with an Ohara FPL-53 extra-low-dispersion glass element for optimum colour correction and a new upgraded dual-speed 2.5-inch 1:10 Rack and Pinion focuser with no image shifting.
The Hotech SCA Field Flattener is an excellent match for this telescope.
The William Optics 0.8x focal reducer is also available to reduce the focal-ratio to a fast f4.72.
An excellent choice for astrophotography!
Includes mounting rings, guiding rings, new dovetail plate, 2.5" R&P Focuser, patented Bahtinov Mask Cover and high quality soft carry case.
- Triplet air-spaced objective (FPL-53) in adjustable CNC machined ultra high precision lens cell.
- Extremely sharp.
- Excellent color correction.
- Each lens is Fully Multi-Coated with a special super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all surfaces.
- This F/5.9 lens is ideal for astrophotography.
2.5" Rack & Pinion Focuser
- New robust 2.5" Rack & Pinion focuser with 1:10 dual speed: a treat to use during astrophotography. No image shifting (capacity 6.8kg / 15lb)!
- Comes with two locking screws on angled positions for heavy load applications.
- Chromed, soft thumbscrews, easy to use even with gloves on.
Simply Beautiful Finish
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined Aluminium tube, gold/red or blue trim finish, retractable dewshield, dewshield cap.
- Top quality anodising.
- Very compact for carrying on flights.
Attention to Details
- 2" & 1.25" adapter included in the price.
- Anti-marring brass compression rings.
Eyepiece Field of View Simulator
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- Vixen style dovetail & mounting rings
- Guiding / Finder rings
- 2" to 1.25" Adapter
- Soft Carry Bag
|Aperture ||81mm |
|Focal Ratio ||F/5.9 |
|Focal Length ||478mm |
|Resolving Power ||1.43" |
|Limiting Magnitude ||12.2 |
|Objective Type ||Three element with FPL-53 Air Spaced, Fully Multi-Coated,STM coatings |
|Lens Shade ||Retractable |
|Rack and Pinion Focuser ||45mm drawtube, 1:10 fine focus |
|Field Stops ||Knife-Edge Baffles |
|Dovetail ||Vixen style dovetail and mounting rings. |
|Tube Diameter ||90mm |
|Tube Length ||(390 mm) Fully Retracted |
|Tube Weight ||3.84kg |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.