About this product
Part Number: A-Z71A-VP20A
Limited 20th Anniversary Edition in Red
The William Optics Zenithstar 71 ED features a high contrast f/5.9 doublet objective with an Ohara FPL51 ED element and a new, upgraded dual-speed 2-inch Crayford V-power focuser with a smoother action and no image shifting with a capacity of up to 6.8kg (15lb).
It's fast focal ratio and short tube length make it an ideal traveling set-up for wide-field astrophotography, piggybacking or as a spotting scope.
Features a retractable dew-shield and a Vixen-type foot so will fit directly into a suitable saddle.
The high quality fit and finish is typical of William Optics telescopes.
Includes high quality soft carry case.
William Optics ZS71 review Sky at Night Magazine
Compatible with the William Optics 0.8x Reducer-Flattener 6 for imaging at f4.72
- ED glass (Japanese imported Ohara glass) doublet air-spaced, in CNC machined ultra-high precision lens cell.
- Each lens is Fully Multi-Coated with a special super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all surfaces.
- Fully baffled to block all extraneous off-axis light rays and prevent glancing reflections, increasing overall contrast.
- 71 mm clear aperture and F/5.9 focal ratio.
Nothing Left to Chance
- Perfect for Vixen type mounts. You can slide it directly into the mount without a dovetail plate if you like (telescopes comes with Vixen compatible style L-bracket).
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined Aluminium tube.
- Retractable dewshield, smallest size ever and enhanced portability!
- Can mount a WO 2'' star diagonal and other 2” accessories.
Astrophotography ED scope
- Fast focal ratio for excellent exposure on photography usage.
- Flattener Available (optional).
- Perfect for piggybacking as a guide scope.! !
2.0" Crayford V-power Focuser
- New ultra smooth 2" Crayford V-power edition focuser with 1:10 dual speed: a treat to use during astrophotography. No image shifting (capacity 6.8kg 15lb)!
- Comes with two locking screws on angled positions for heavy load applications.
- Chromed, soft thumbscrews, easy to use even with gloves on.
- Stainless steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back to allow heavy loading without problems.
- Diamond-coated drive system: very smooth, no lateral movement or tilting.
- Drawtube travel length 45 mm with graduated scale for precise camera alignment.
Attention to Packaging
- The basic package includes the OTA, Vixen compatible L-bracket and soft carry bag.
- Carry-on size: you do not have to leave this treasure home!
- Two-year, no fuss warranty and constant customer service!
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- Vixen compatible L-Bracket
- Soft Carry Bag
|Aperture ||71 mm |
|Focal Ratio ||F/5.9 |
|Focal Length ||418 mm |
|Objective Type ||ED Doublet, Air Spaced, |
Fully Multi-Coated, SMC coating.
|Resolving Power ||1.58" |
|Limiting Magnitude ||11 |
|Lens Shade ||Retractable |
|Focuser ||2" Crayford V-power Focuser, includes 1.25" adapter |
1:10 Dual Speed microfocuser
45mm (1.8") Focuser Travel Length
Stainless steel reinforced to reduce flex and increase load capacity
|L-type Mount ||L Bracket |
|Field Stops ||Baffles |
|Tube Diameter ||93mm (3.66") |
|Tube Length ||310 mm Fully Retracted |
455 mm Fully Extended
|Tube Weight ||6 lbs. (2.7 kg) |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.