About this product
Part Number: ZWO-OAG
New! ZWO off-axis guider (OAG) for astrophotography.
- Lightweight and only 16.5mm thick!
- Large prism - 8x8mm
- Guide through your main imaging scope - no guide scope required!
- Multiple adapters available including T2, M42 and M48 making it easy to fit to most cameras and telescopes
- Fully compatible with all ZWO ASI cameras
- Good stability - strong, stiff connection to the telescope
1. Calculate the correct distance for your imaging train. For example, you need to attach a 21mm extension to the ASI071 to reach 55mm back focus (17.5mm + 21mm + 16.5mm = 55mm).
2. Take off the guider prism part from the OAG and attach the OAG body to the telescope.
3. Insert the prism back into the OAG body.
4. Mount the guide camera.
5. Screw the T2 or M48 adapter on the imaging camera according to your cameras mounting type.
6. Mount the camera on to the OAG in the correct position and lock the 3 screws.
7. The final setup.
8. Check that the prism does not block the imaging area.
9. Use the guiding screw to adjust the guiding cameras focus. This is best done during daytime to make sure both the imaging and guiding cameras can focus at the same position.
What's in the box
- OAG Body with M48 Telescope Adapter
- 1.25" Eyepiece / Camera Holder
- 5mm T2 Extension
- M42 Camera Adapter
- M48 Camera Adapter
- M42 Telescope Adapter
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. How can I remove flex / wobble with the Prism stalk of my ZWO OAG?
Once you have adjusted the ZWO to be parfocal with the Imaging camera and have the Prism stalk adjusted to the position you require then you can tighten the two grub screws, one on the OAG body and one on the stalk, to remove any flex/wobble
The Allen keys required are supplied with the OAG