About this product
Part Number: 81038-CGL
The NexGO Universal Smartphone Adapter is a great first step into the world of astroimaging or digiscoping. The NexGO provides you everything you need to capture sharp, detailed images and video.
NexGO fits any eyepiece from 25.4mm (1.0”) to 44.45mm (1.75”) in diameter, including most telescopes with 1.25” eyepieces, spotting scopes, monoculars, binoculars, and microscopes.
NexGO accommodates a wide range of smartphones including the latest devices from Apple, Samsung, and Google. The phone platform is fully adjustable and can fit any device—usually with the case still on. For older phones that are 5” tall or less, the NexGO includes a booster to ensure the fit with the device.
The NexGO sports rack and pinion X- and Y- fine adjustment knobs for precise alignment and it folds up to a smaller size for easy transport. Secure the NexGO smartphone adapter to your eyepiece by tightening the orange knob which will clamp the unit around the eyepiece.
Maximize your storage space when traveling or not in use, the NexGO smartphone adapter collapses to a compact configuration for easy transportation and storing.
NOTE: The X and Y adjustment racks come calibrated from the factory, but should you need to adjust them, go to the Support & Downloads tab and read our Tension Adjustment Guide for details.
The secure platform stands up to rigorous field use thanks to its robust, durable construction with a metal frame and polymer body. The NexGO® will stand up to years of outdoor adventures.
Bluetooth Shutter Release Remote
Most adapters rely on you placing your phone perfectly on the platform and only offer limited adjustments. But NexGO® gives you the power to place your phone on the platform, center it over the eyepiece with the X and Y adjustment knobs until you have the entire field of view in your shot.
From start to finish, the process only takes about 30 seconds, including the time it takes to insert the phone into NexGO®, attach NexGO® to an eyepiece, start the camera app, and center the camera over the eyepiece using the knobs.
Switching phones, eyepieces, or optical instruments, requires only slight adjustments to re-center the camera over the new eyepiece. If multiple people want to capture a shot through your optic, NexGO’s simple spring-loaded clamps make it easy to remove one device and replace it with another in seconds. NexGO® is the ideal solution for star parties and group bird walks where everyone wants their own shot of the action.
You can also switch your image from portrait to landscape simply by turning the padded eyepiece clamp and readjusting the X- and Y-axis to realign your phone with the eyepiece.
NOTE: NexGO® is compatible with telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes. NexGo works with most phone cases, but if you have an especially large phone case with built-in batteries or a folio-style case, you may need to remove it.
- A complete digiscoping solution: NexGO connects your smartphone to an eyepiece while the Bluetooth shutter release button helps you get a steady shot image every time.
- NexGO’s design works with most optics including telescopes (with most 1.25” eyepieces), spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes.
- Connect the remote shutter release to your phone via Bluetooth to take photos or start/stop video recording without unwanted vibration.
- Folds up for easy transport and storage.
- Charge your phone during use.
- Features two directional knobs (X-, and Y- axis) that perfectly align your phone’s camera with the eyepiece in seconds.
- Stands up to rigorous field use thanks to its robust, durable construction with a metal frame and polymer body.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.