About this product
Part Number: IKA-850-128GB
Stellarmate Pro 128GB Astrophotography Controller
StellarMate Pro is an advanced observatory-class astrophotography controller. It is a powerful command centre compatible with a wide selection of astronomy equipment from different manufacturers.
Powered by Open Source technology, it provides a complete astrophotography solution and comes preloaded with all the necessary software and drivers to operate astronomical equipment; no additional 3rd party software is required.
In addition to its role as a dedicated astronomical equipment controller, SM Pro offers comprehensive power distribution capabilities. It can power up to four 12V DC devices, two 12V Dew Heaters, and one adjustable voltage output ranging from 3V to 9V. A 12V @ 10A DC regulated power supply (Not included) is required to power all connected devices. The unit ships with a robust high-density XT-60 connector, engineered to withstand currents of up to 60A.
SM Pro is equipped with a built-in GPS/GLONASS receiver that provides highly accurate location and time services necessary for accurate and reliable operations of your equipment, whether you are on the field or in a stationary observatory. Passive GPS and WiFi antennas are optimised to provide high gain even in noisy environments. Reliable communication between SM Pro and your controller (Mobile, Tablet, or PC/Mac) is critical for the unit's operation.
A multi-purpose AUX port is built to support environmental sensors and future accessories, including observatory relay controls. With a dedicated stepper controller capable of commanding up to NMEA 17 stepper motors, you can directly control many focuser stepper motors with SM Pro.
SM Pro provides unparalleled freedom in selecting your favourite platform to control your equipment:
- Standalone: Since SM Pro is a mini Computer, you can connect it to an external monitor via HDMI cable and connect a mouse/keyboard to use StellarMate OS directly. However, this control method is not recommended since SM Pro is usually mounted on the telescope.
- Mobile: Operate SM Pro remotely via WiFi using the StellarMate App for Android/iOS. It is highly recommended to run the StellarMate App on modern Tablets/iPads with screen sizes 10” or more to get the best experience. While phones are supported, the SM App is optimised to run on tablets.
- Windows/Mac/Linux: Use the Ekos astrophotography tool on Windows, MacOS, or Linux. Remotely control StellarMate via WiFi, Local Area Network (LAN) or Wide Area Network (WAN). Ekos supports advanced functionality, including a mosaic planner and scheduler.
- 4x 12VDC output.
- 2x dew heaters.
- 1x 3-9VDC variable voltage output.
- External GPS and WiFi antennas
- 4x USB 3.0 & 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Auxiliary port for sensors and accessories.
- Stepper Controller.
- Anodised CNC aluminium case with M6 threads.
- Weight: 600g Net, 1200g Gross
- Dimensions: 165mm x 125mm x 35mm
- Accessories: XT-60 to DC Adapter, 50 & 100 cm 5.5x2.1 DC cable.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.