About this product
Part Number: PSH-T-GSOCLC
The manual Dobsonian mount offers simplicity and ease of use but one of its main drawbacks for inexperienced observers is the need to manually search for galaxies and nebulae. "Star Hopping" can be difficult for users who do not have a very good knowledge of the night sky and that is why they often gravitate to "Go To" mounts.
This Push-To system made by Asterion provides both experienced and beginner observers with a useful and modern solution. The system consists of two encoders with a controller and brackets suitable for set-up on a GSO Classic Dobsonian (with a spring on the horizontal axis)
The vertical axis encoder is set permanently and the horizontal axis encoder has a quickly removable fastening which allows prompt disassembling of the telescope for transportation. The Push-To setup can be performed in several easy steps:
- Install the encoders on to the telescope mount
- Install compatible planetarium software on your computer or for mobile devices use the SkySafari or StarSeek application
- Plug the power supply in to the controller and connect your device via Wi-Fi
- Perform a routine multi star alignment
This system will work wirelessly with Sky Safari or Orion Star Seek on Android or iOS, these apps are available for download on Google Play or App Store.
- Compatible telescopes: GSO Classic Dobsonians (with a spring on horizontal axis. IE Stella Mira 6" Dobsonian)
- Encoder Resolution: 4000
- Connection: Wi-Fi
- Compatible software: for PCs, any planetarium with encoder support, Sky Safari, StarSeek for mobile devices (Android or iOS)
- Power: 12V 2.1x5.5mm
- Package Dimensions: 16x16x16cm
- Weight: 0.8kg
Asterion Push To Kit GSO Classic Instruction Manual pdf
Please note NO power supply is included with Asterion products
What's in the box
- Set of encoders with controller
- Hardware kit
- User's manual
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.