About this product
Part Number: AZ-701
New improved design
An AstroZap flexible dew heater stops dew forming.
Simply wrap one around the telescope tube near the optics and secure it there with its integrated Velcro/elastic strap. A gentle heat is then transferred to the optics until the temperature is slightly warmer than the dew point.
- Modern heating element provides even heat distribution and low power consumption.
- Power cord on the same side as the velcro fastener reduces wear on the cable and prevents snagging.
- Smooth inner fabric protects the telescope's finish (doesn't scratch or mar the surface).
- Outer neoprene thermal insulating layer prevents heat loss.
- Durable all-sewn (not glued) construction.
- Available in a wide range of sizes.
- Adjustable Velcro/elastic attachment ensures a snug fit.
- Supplied with a six-foot flexible cord terminating in a phono-plug with moulded strain-relief for 12-volt operation.
Will I need a Dew Controller?
When using a single heater-tape on a telescope with an aperture around 10" or larger a simple 12V Dew Heater Supply Cable can be used to connect the tape to a suitable 12V power-supply. When connected this way the tape is essentially running on full-power. This won't harm the tape but with smaller telescope apertures it might result in the optic being warmer than necessary which can effect the view and waste energy. The solution then is to use a Dew Controller which regulates the heat (also enables you to use more than one heater tape). Astrozap Dew heater tapes are compatible with most good dew controllers, including those manufactured by Lynx Astro.
Two year no fault replacement warranty.
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Saturday, 19 January 2019 | Clive
Very good heats up well speedy delivery customer service second to none Flo are the best good advice good knowledge excellent
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.