About this product
Part Number: 94245
Celestron’s new EdgeHD reducers feature a custom 4-element optical design engineered to maintain the flat-field performance of our award winning EdgeHD optical system. Unlike generic reducers, our premium reducers provide substantial back focus to accommodate an assortment of imaging accessories.
EdgeHD reducers offer high index optical elements, including extra low dispersion, exotic Lanthanum elements, which provide high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration. All air to glass lens surfaces feature multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and color correction and contain blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize image contrast. Large diameter lens elements, up to 60 mm clear aperture, ensure that the optimized image circle remains at a generous 42 mm for use with large CCD sensors.
Incorporating computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing, for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements, and threaded metal covers on the lens assembly to protect your investment from dust and scratches, our reducers offer you an outstanding mechanical design.
With the fastar option on all EdgeHD optical systems, coupled with the .7x reducer, your telescope becomes the most complete imaging system available in its price range today.
Note: Telescope and camera pictured not included ;-)
- The EdgeHD .7x Focal Reducer Lens makes your EdgeHD 9.25" one full F-Stop faster than f/10, reducing your exposure time by half to capture the same brightness of object
- 4-element lens design
- Maintains similar flat-field performance as native EdgeHD optical design
- Increases field of view by 43% to better capture wide field images
- Threads directly onto the 3.25" threads of the EdgeHD which reduces mechanical vignetting and allows for use with larger (full frame) sensors and Off-Axis Guiders
- Maintains the identical back focus when used at f/10 and provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and wide variety of cameras
- Allows use of existing EdgeHD T-Adapters with or without the Reducer Lens
- Design: 4-element optical layout designed specifically for the EdgeHD 9.25" to maintain the flat-field performance of the EdgeHD optical design
- Maintains the same back focus as when used at f/10: Unlike generic reducers the EdgeHD .7x provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras. Also allows use of existing EdgeHD T-Adapters and other Celestron imaging accessories
- One full F-Stop faster than f/10: Reduces the exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of object
- Increase field of view by 43%: Better for capturing wide field images of larger galaxies and nebulae
- Lanthanum Glass Elements: EdgeHD reducer uses "rare earth" Lanthanum glass elements for clear, high contrast viewing while minimising chromatic aberration
- Fully multi-coated lens elements: All air-to-glass surfaces have multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and colour correction
- Blacken edges: All lens elements have blacken edges to minimise internal reflection and maximise contrast
Full Frame Design
- Threads directly onto the 3.25" threads of the EdgeHD optical tube: Reduces mechanical vignetting and allows for use with larger (full frame) sensors and Off-Axis Guiders
- Clear aperture: 60 mm clear aperture lens optimised for a 42 mm image circle for use with large CCD sensors.
- Machined Aluminium housing: Computer assisted CNC machined aluminium housing for precise spacing and alignment of the optical elements.
- Threaded metal covers for both ends of the lens assembly: To protect your investment from unwanted dust and scratches.
- Fastar compatibility and f/2 imaging with optional accessory: the EdgeHD is the most complete imaging system in its price range.
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Celestron Reducer Lens .7x for EdgeHD 925 Instruction Manual
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.
Q1. Does this reducer work well with the VX 8" EdgeHD and what does it change the focal length to?
The Edge reducers are matched to the SCT and work very well for reducing the focal Ratio when imaging, it will change the focal ratio of the Edge SCT from f10 to f7.