About this product
Latest Encoder Version with Improved Polar Alignment Adjustment
Ultra portable, high capacity Goto Mount with Harmonic Drives
Counterweights no longer required!
The exciting new RST-135E uses a new and highly innovational type of gear. Due to the strong force of the Strain Wave Gear and the Motor, a counterweight is not needed.
This latest version features a high-resolution encoder from Renishaw which is built into the RA axis. As a result, a periodic error of only ±2.5 seconds has been achieved. Choose the RST-135E mount if you are bothered or reluctant to use autoguiding.
The mount weighs only 3.4kg but is capable of accepting a telescope with weight up to 13.5kg. Rainbow call this a "Weightless Mount"
The RST-135E is a super portable mount with excellent astrophotography potential that is ideally suited for using in the field.
The Rainbow Astro RST-135E mount utilises robotics technology that has been widely used in precision industrial robotics applications, strain wave gears provide zero backlash and a high degree of pointing and tracking accuracy.
This unique mount has the ability to function as either an EQ or AZ mount and can carry up to 13.5kg without the use of a counterweight shaft or weights. Weighing just 3.4kg and ultra-compact, the RST-135 is highly portable and is a perfect option for travel astrophotography.
Smart features like built in Wi-Fi, a homing sensor and GPS allow for remote control and guiding of the mount. Built from solid block CNC construction, the Rainbow Astro RST135E is solid with smooth operation for reliable performance.
- Weights only 3.3kg but has a massive 13.5kg capacity without counterweights, 18kg with counterweights.
- Strain wave gear / Harmonic Drive - no backlash!
- Dual mode - equatorial / alt-az
- Extremely fast slewing - 6º / Second
- Low power consumption - 0.2A tracking / 3A slewing (at 16V)
- Light and compact, great for portable setups
- Beautifully machined from solid metal - premium fit and finish
- ASCOM driver support
- Built-in WiFi, GPS and Home Sensor
- High Resolution Renishaw Encoder
360° Product Tour (Standard RST-135)
What's in the box
- RST-135E Mount
- Hand controller (Hubo-i SE)
- Cable for Hand Controller
- USB Cable
- Power cable (5.5×2.1mm DC)
- Adapter for camera tripod(3/8″ thread)
- Adapter for Polemaster
- Soft Case for Mount
- 4mm Hex Key
- Mount Type: Equatorial / Alt-Az Dual Mount
- Type of Gear: Strain Wave Gear
- Payload without counterweight: 13.5kg (30lbs)
- Payload with counterweight: 18kg (40lbs)
- Slew Speed: 6º / Second
- Latitude Range: 0º to 90º
- Power Input: 12 to 16V DC
- Power Consumption: 0.2A - Tracking, 16V. 2A - Slewing, 16V.
- Weight: 3.4kg (7.4lbs)
- Size (mm): 130 x 120 x 190
- Materials: AL 6061, Steel, Brass
- ASCOM Support: ASCOM Driver
- Hand Controller: Included
- Built-in WiFi
- Built-in GPS Receiver
- Built-in Home Sensor
- Built in Renishaw Encoder on RA Axis
- Periodic Error - +/- 2.5 Arc Seconds
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.