About this product
Part Number: PEG-PRDG-FOCUSER
Pegasus Astro Prodigy Microfocuser
A must-have for successful astrophotography sessions.
Prodigy Microfocuser is a robust robotic focuser which allows you to precisely and remotely control the focus of your telescope setup.
Its sturdy design is highly accurate, flexure free and can carry a payload of up to 10 kg.
The focuser has 25mm of draw tube travel and a 76mm / 3” clear aperture.
The drawtube accepts adapters for the Celestron SCT Edge, StellaLyra/GSO RC series, and most refractors telescopes.
- Zero Motor Backlash, Smooth, Low Noise Operation
- 76mm / 3" Clear Aperture
- Adjustable Rotation Either End for Precision Orientation
- Zero Flex up to 10kg / 22lb Payload
- Built-in 2 Port USB Hub
- 2x 12v Power Outputs
- External Temperature Sensor for Focus Temperature Tracking
- Optional Hand Controller
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Various Telescope Adapters are Available
- Supported by ASCOM and INDI
- Weights 1.5kg / 3.3lb
Focuser allows adjustable rotation / precise orientation on both sides. This helps you easily fit the microfocuser to your telescope and place your camera in the desired orientation.
Available Adapters for telescopes
Prodigy Microfocuser can accept different types of telescope adapters. The adapter can be securely mounted and aligned.
Available (optional) adapters:
- Celestron SCT Edge C11, C14 - Can be used with Celestron Edge C 9.25 combined with Celestron’s focal reducer. The focal reducer has to be mounted first on the telescope. (SKU: PEG-PRDG-C11)
- GSO, StellaLyra, Astrotech, Omegon, Altair, TS or similar RC 10”, 12” , 14”, 16” (SKU: PEG-PRDG-GSO117)
- GSO, StellaLyra, Astrotech, Omegon, Altair, TS or similar RC 8” (SKU: PEG-PRDG-GSO90)
- Newtonian 10-inch (SKU: PEG-PRDG-NEWT10)
- Newtonian 12-inch (SKU: PEG-PRDG-NEWT12)
- Please get in touch with us for inquiries about other telescope adapters
Industrial-grade USB Hub and Power Ports
At the side of the Prodigy Microfocuser you will find:
2 x Switchable USB2 ports
Enables equipment connectivity close to your focuser, such as a Filter Wheel, a guiding camera, a motorised OAG etc.
2 x 12V Switchable Power outputs
Each output (2.1mm) can output up to 4Amps
A neat feature to tide up your USB and Power cables.
Each USB or Power port can be switched ON/ OFF via the supplied software.
Unity Platform Support
Pegasus Astro Unity Platform is their new all-around application. We aim to provide a robust and modern application supporting current and future products under one roof.
A modern front-end enables full control of all Pegasus Astro devices.
Moreover, a REST JSON API helps developers from 3rd party software to interact with our products.
Backfocus is 80mm (when the drawtube is fully inside) without telescope adapters. When you place a telescope adapter, the total backfocus increases.
What's in the box
- Prodigy Microfocuser
- M54 Male to M54 Male Adapter
- M54 Male to M48 Male Adapter
- Temperature Sensor (0.6m)
- USB type B Cable (1.8m)
- Cigarette Lighter Adapter (10A fused)
- 2 x USB2 (angled) (0.5m length)
- 2 x 2.1mm Power cord (0.5m length)
|Input Power ||Voltage (12- 13.8VDC) / 1.5Amp minimum |
|Input Socket ||2.1mm / up to 10Amps (120W) |
|Camera Side Mount ||Different Adapters Available |
|Controller ||Embedded in device |
|Thickness ||71.7 mm |
|Drawtube Travel ||25 mm |
|Weight ||1.5 Kg |
|Supported Load ||10 Kg |
|Clear Apperture ||76 mm |
|Stepper Motor ||Bipolar Motor with belt reduction |
|USB Ports ||2 x USB2 Switchable (ON/OFF) via software |
|Power Outputs ||2 x 2.1mm Switchable (ON/OFF via software) – 4Amps each port |
|Step Count ||12000 *In Full step drive of motor |
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Quick Installation Guide
Prodigy Telescope Adapter Example Drawing
Prodigy Adapter Telescope Dimensions
Prodigy Camera Adapter Example Drawing
Prodigy Adapter Camera Dimensions
TheSkyX X2 plugin for Windows / OSX / Linux
Serial Command Table
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.