The Baader Planetarium Outdoor Power Supply 60W provides 5 Amps and 12,5 Volt continuous so is an excellent choice for modern computerised GOTO mounts with power requirements up to 5 Amps including the Skywatcher HEQ5, NEQ6, and EQ8 and Celestron Advanced VX, CGEM DX, CGE Pro and CPC HD Deluxe.
Conventional power supplies with 12V nominal voltage are designed for indoor use. When used outside in the cold the voltage will reduce with temperature and at -10°C the voltage output may reduce to only 10.5 V. This reduction in voltage can cause a mount’s motors to behave in an erratic fashion. Indeed most apparent faults with modern mounts can be traced to an insufficient power supply.
This Baader power supply is designed with modern mounts outdoor use in mind. The two cables connecting the power supply with telescope and wall socket provide a total cable length of 1.7m. This is longer than usual which enables the power supply to reach the ground or tripod accessory tray, not dangle in the air.
Note this power supply has a water resistant casing but should not be used in wet conditions.
Supplied with a UK-type 3-pin plug.
- Connection cable with elbowed plug.
- Protective-disconnect plug reduces the likelihood of damage to the telescope/mount’s power socket.
- Elbowed hollow plug: ø2,1 x ø5,5 x 12mm.
- Compact housing.
- Longer than average cable length.
- Enclosed housing protects against moisture, designed for outdoor-use.
- Ample voltage reserve even at low temperatures.
- Nominal 12 Volt / 5 Ampere (60 Watt).
- Input voltage: 100-240V.