About this product
Part Number: 93665
Re-engineered from the ground-up, this new wedge is specifically designed for the Celestron Evolution and Celestron SE series telescopes with 6" and 8" apertures.
The Evolution and SE mounts use Alt-Az tracking to keep objects centred. This is okay for short exposures but longer exposures will reveal field rotation. Using a wedge enables the mount to track equatorially which does not create field rotation.
Weight is kept to a minimum without sacrificing the rigidity necessary for long exposure astrophotos.
When using a wedge, you can also introduce an autoguider to enable even longer exposures and minimise tracking errors.
- Equatorial wedge for for Celestron Evolution and Celestron SE series with 6" and 8" apertures.
- Enables long exposure astrophotography and autoguiding by tilting the telescope’s azimuth into an equatorial platform allowing it to track an arc around the polar axis.
- For beginner to intermediate planetary and deep space imagers
- Captive hardware, tool-less operation, easily adjusts under load
- All new hefty yet portable design
- Sturdy latitude adjustment screw with easy to read scale and integrated Bubble level
What's in the box
- Celestron Wedge
- 5 hex keys for assembly
- Instruction manual
|Load Capacity ||16.3kg / 36 lbs |
|Weight ||6.8kg / 15 lbs |
|Mount Compatibility ||NexStar Evolution 6/8/9.25 |
NexStar SE 6/8
|Latitude Range ||0° - 70° |
|Included Items ||Wedge |
5 hex keys for assembly
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.