About this product
Part Number: 2459326
ASBF (AstroSolar® Binocular Filter) – Baader Solar Filter for binoculars and camera lenses
For safe solar observation with all types of binoculars and safe solar photography with camera lenses.
The AstroSolar® Safety Film OD 5.0, is mounted stress free in a high-quality cell.
Note: Price shown are for one filter cell - for binocular use you need to purchase two filters. You MUST always use a binocular with two filters in place.
Baader Solar Filters™ provide a professional and secure solution to observe and image the Sun using AstroSolar® Safety Film OD 5.0.
The AstroSolar® filter material is mounted so it is entirely stress free, mounted this way it performs like a high precision planeoptical window. (slight ripples in the material are normal, even desirable)!
The AstroSolar® filter material is mounted onto a plastic ring which works as stabilising element for the filter cell, the plastic ring is mounted onto the Aluminium front frame. The thermal expansion coefficient of the plastic and the filter material are similar. Baader AstroSolar™ film
With AstroSolar™ the Sun appears in its real colour - neutral white. Other films and most glass filters impart a red/orange colour, thereby cutting part of the spectrum making hard to see faculae regions which are visible predominantly in the blue wing of the spectrum.
Due to its neutral colour balance, AstroSolar film enables the use of colour (or interference) filters which allows the observer to concentrate on certain spectral passbands for investigation of different layers within the solar 'atmosphere'.Eye safety
AstroSolar™ is essentially free from pinholes, since - other than with even the most expensive glass filters - it is coated on both sides, so that the chance of two pinholes overlapping each other is extremely faint. Pinholes do appear, but to 1 out of 10000 only in optical density 2.5! Baader AstroSolar™ safety film has been approved for eye safety by the National Bureau of Standards in Germany, the PTB. Unlike any other Solar Filter on the market, AstroSolar™ is CE-tested according to EG-Norm 89/686 and EN 169/92 (notified body 0196). All processes connected to this product have been thoroughly tested. Coatings are inspected constantly for consistency to ensure your eye safety!
Important Never view the Sun without a suitable Solar Filter! Solar observing is dangerous and can be hazardous to eyesight. Safety is everyone’s responsibility - please read the safety notes supplied with the product carefully.
- Original Baader AstroSolar® Safety Film (OD 5.0), cell mounted and quality inspected by skilled members of Baader staff
- Clear white IR-rejecting front ring with reinforcing raised edges along the outer and inner circumference, designed to protect the solar filter material from contact with any sharp metal edge
- 3 injection molded centering-bolts with threaded brass inserts to center the filter-cell in front of the tube opening. These bolts come in three different diameters, depending on the filter category (ASTF/ASSF/ASBF). Each bolt features injection molded rubber grip-faces, shaped to easily slide onto any telescope tube – but to come off very hard
- No tool mounting and adjustment of the centering bolts to fit a wide variety of mechanical tube diameters. Bolts made to contact the outside or optional (if appropriate) the inside of the optical instrument tube
- Non-rotating sliding fasteners made from Aluminium that hold the centering bolts. These metal sliders are equipped with a machined indicator to point towards the adjustment index
- Additional Phillips screws are integrated into the sliding fasteners, so that the centering bolts can be firmly fastened with a screw driver if preferred by the user
- Index scale provided beside each adjustment slot – adjacent to each sliding fastener, for fast and repeatable adjustment of the filter cell onto different telescope tubes
- Black sliding washers supplied to securely cover the full length of the adjustment slots in the Aluminium frame – for blocking sunlight from passing trough the filter cell beside the filter area
- Three security straps included, to secure the position of the filter cell with Velcro-adhesive pads. A safety feature to absolutely ensure a secure fit in front of the telescope under any circumstances (gust of wind asf)
- Warning text printed onto the front side of each filter cell: Read the Instructions before use
- Cardboard gift box fit for safely shipping the filter
What's in the box
- ASBF Filter
- 3x Centering Bolts (13mm diameter, 24mm length)
- 3x Safety Straps
- 3x Adhesive Pads
- 3x Screws & Washers
|Average Rating (1 Review): |baader solar filter for a finder scope
Wednesday, 18 December 2019 | Michael
good service i highly recommend first light optics to buy your optics from
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.