About this product
Part Number: SHAZ
The new Sky Hunter AZ ultra compact mount from Ioptron is a very welcome addition to the field of ultra-portable imaging platforms.
Fifteen years after releasing the innovational Cube AZ/EQ GoTo mount, the SkyHunter takes the next step toward perfection.
It is the lightest and most compact full-function portable goto mount in iOptron's exceptional history.
Weighing in at only 2.9 lbs (including internal rechargeable battery), the SkyHunter can support an 11 lbs payload in equatorial and alt-azimuth modes.
Four tracking rates are available, 1x or sidereal, 1/2x for sky and landscape combined, solar and lunar. All four work in both the northern and southern hemispheres.
The SkyHunter can be controlled via an iOS or Android SmartPhone/tablet, an optional 8410 hand controller, or a computer via ASCOM, INDI or embedded drive.
- Specialised Grab N’ Go GOTO EQ/AZ mount
- Mount weighs 2.9 lbs (1.3kg)
- Payload 11 lbs (5kg) (balanced, exclude CW)
- Dual-axis servomotors with optical encoders
- Tracking speed: solar, lunar, 1X, 1/2X, S/N
- Operation in both the northern and southern hemisphere
- Vixen dovetail saddle
- Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 10 hours of operation (20°C)
- Built-in WIFI adapter for full ASCOM, iOptron CommanderTM and Sky Safari control
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Optional Go2Nova® 8410 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology
- Counterweight Shaft: Φ20X200mm with 3/8” thread, stainless steel
- Counterweight: 3 lbs (1.35kg)
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- 1.25" Stainless steel tripod (#3221)
- Optional carbon fibre tripod
- Pier-extension (#8041)
- One year limited warranty on the mount, 90 days for battery
What's in the box
- SkyHunterTM GOTO EQ/AZ mount
- Stainless steel counterweight shaft
- 1.3kg / 3lbs counterweight
- 1.25" Stainless steel tripod
- Pier extension
- Mini USB charging cable
- Mount Weight: 1.3kg
- Mount Payload: 5kg
- Motor Drive: Dual-axis DC servo motor with optical encoder
- Transmission: Synchronous belt
- Tracking Speed: Solar, Lunar, Cel, 1/2 Cel, and N/S
- Maximum Slew Speed: 4.5°/sec (1080X)
- Worm Period: 600 Seconds
- Ra/Dec Worm Wheel: Φ77 mm, 144 teeth
- Hand Controller: Yes (with optional 8410 HC)
- Altitude Adjustment Range: 0º ~ 80º
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: ±5º
- Internal Battery: Li-Poly, 3.7V, 2000mAh
- Duration of Operation: Up to 10 hours at 20ºC
- Counterweight Shaft: Φ20mmX200mm, 3/8" thread, stainless steel
- Counterweight: 3 lbs (1.3 kg)
- Dovetail Saddle: Vixen Type
- Body Base Connection: Vixen dovetail, 3/8” socket
- Power Charge Port: MiniUSB (5V)
- WiFi: Built In
- Communication Port: Yes (Wi-Fi and USB)
- Firmware Upgrade: Yes (via USB port)
- Tripod: 3221 Stainless Steel, optional carbon fibre tripod
- Operation Temperature: -10ºC ~40ºC
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.