About this product
Part Number: 2958550
The Baader zero tolerance protective Canon EOS T Ring is the BEST T Ring available for Canon EOS DLSR with EF bayonet fitting.
Offers a number of advantages over a regular T Ring:
- Zero tolerance design optimised to fit Canon EF bayonet fitting. The result is a wobble-free T ring with no lateral play ensuring a stable image platform even for long exposures or during telescope slewing.
- Designed to offer the largest possible free aperture resulting in less vignetting even with extremely short focal length telescopes.
- T2, M48 or 2" nosepiece connections included.
- Ability to accept Baader 2" LPFC (low profile filter cell) or unmounted 2" filters without extending the back focus.
- Optional clear filter to protect your camera sensor from dust ingress (ideal for long exposures) and humidity.
1. Protective T-Ring for Canon EOS body
2. Optional: Baader clear protective filter, 50.4mm x 3mm (protective T-rings are available with a range of pre-assembled filters. see below for details)
3. Temperature compensation ring (to prevent filter damage at high temperatures)
4. S52/M48 adapter ring (M48 corresponds to the international 2" Astro filter thread)
5. M48/T-2 insert ring
6. S52/2" connector socket (with additional 2" M48 filter thread on the front side)
Baader Zero Tolerance Protective T-Ring for Canon EOS is available in the following variations:
- 2958550 zero tolerance Protective Canon DSLR T-Ring incl. large clear aperture 2" nosepiece and convertible T-2/ M48 female threads
- 2958550C zero-tolerance Protective Canon DSLR T-Ring w. clear filter incl. plane-optically polished dust protection clear-filter w. Phantom Group™ multi-coating
- 2958550L zero-tolerance Protective Canon DSLR T-Ring w. mounted UV/IR blocker/ L-Filter
- 2958550N zero-tolerance Protective Canon DSLR T-Ring w. Baader UHC-S Nebula Filter
- 2958550H zero-tolerance Protective Canon DSLR T-Ring w. Baader H-alpha 7nm Narrowband-filter
For full details on how to setup and use the Baader Zero Tolerance Protective T-Ring for Canon EOS please see the product manual.
|Average Rating (3 Reviews): |Good quality but...optional filter?
Thursday, 13 April 2017 | Richard
This is good quality but be aware that when purchasing without a filter, spacing for the MPCC will be incorrect as the t-ring is mechanically thicker to account for the filter in the light path. The filter is optional only if you don't intend to use the MPCC with it. I wish I had discovered this before i purchased it.
Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Kenneth
Very high quality t ring as you would expect from Baader. My only reservation would be that if you plan to change from 2" nosepiece to t-2 insert ring during an astrophotography session then this is only reasonably done indoors. Apart from this the adaptability and quality of this t ring is second to none.
Sunday, 30 November 2014 | Mark
As expected a very well made and engineered product. Not cheap but it has the advantage of being able to connect to either a standard T fitting or an M48 fitting (ideal for SW field flatteners etc).
The best bit though is being able to fit a 2" filter in it (as long as it's no more than 6mm deep). So yes, if you need to know a Hutech IDAS D1 fits perfectly!
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.