About this product
Part Number: CF-4313
Need a quality, performance-driven binocular with HD glass lenses that won't break the bank? Meet the the all-new Vortex Crossfire series.
The HD glass reduces chromatic aberration (colour fringing) which enhances contrast and resolution.
Other features include fully multicoated optics and a waterproof/fog-proof Nitrogen purged body. All for under £200!
All models include a rainguard, tethered lens covers and of course the Vortex Unlimited Lifetime Warranty (when purchased from an authorised UK stockist, such as ourselves)
"The Vortex Crossfire is a good example of how modern manufacturing processes have narrowed the gap in optical quality between Porro and roof prism binoculars of similar prices.
The 6.1° field of view is on a par with the Porros and flat enough that we could keep Albireo split into two components over the central 90 per cent.
Colour rendition was excellent; not only do the deeply coloured stars seem vibrant, but the subtle differences between similarly coloured ones are easily visible as well.
The focus is smooth and precise and the short-hinge design leaves more room for your fingers, making these binoculars very comfortable to hold.
There is enough eye-relief to allow you to observe while wearing spectacles.
The objective lens caps are tethered to the screw in the adaptor bush in the hinge, so they become untethered if you mount the binoculars.
Apart from that, the only other niggle is the high minimum interpupillary distance (IPD: 60.5mm), which is an inevitable feature of the roof prism design used for 50mm aperture." Steve Tonkin reviewing the 2016 (without HD glass) Vortex Crossfire 10x50 for BBC Sky @ Night Magazine
- HD Lens Elements: Extra-low dispersion glass delivers impressive resolution and colour fidelity.
- Fully Multi-Coated Lenses: Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Roof Prism: Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Waterproof Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
- Fogproof Nitrogen gas purging delivers fogproof, waterproof performance.
- Rubber Armour Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Adjustable Eyecups: Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without spectacles.
- Right Eye Diopter: Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on the right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable: Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount. Adapter sold separately.
What's in the box
- Vortex Binoculars
- Rainguard Eyepiece Cover
- Tethered Objective Lens Covers
- Comfort Neck Strap
- Glasspak Binocular Harness & Case
|Magnification ||10 x ||12 x |
|Objective Lens Diameter ||50 mm ||50 mm |
|Eye Relief ||17 mm ||15 mm |
|Exit Pupil ||5 mm ||4.2 mm |
|Linear Field of View ||320 feet/1000 yards ||273 feet/1000 yards |
|Angular Field Of View ||6.1 degrees ||5.2 degrees |
|Close Focus ||1.82m / 6.0 feet ||1.82m / 6.0 feet |
|Interpupillary Distance ||60-75 mm ||60-75 mm |
|Height ||170mm / 6.7 inches ||167mm / 6.6 inches |
|Width ||135mm / 5.3 inches ||135mm / 5.3 inches |
|Weight ||863g / 30.4 ounces ||838g / 29.5 ounces |
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Vortex Optics Crossfire Manual (PDF)
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Wednesday, 18 March 2020 | Simon
My previous pair of 10x50's were dropped and were not repairable, so after some research, I decided on the Vortex's. I have to say it is not a brand that I had heard of before, but other reviews were very positive. Even so I was expecting to pay more that £250 to get anything reasonable. But these have really delivered. I have only had them a few days but I was immediately impressed by the feel and overall build quality. Image quality is excellent, with bright, high contrast images. Colour correction is also excellent. And they are not too heavy. So far I cannot find anything to make me regret my purchase. Thoroughly recommended.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.
Q1. How much do these binoculars weigh?
The Vortex Optics Crossfire 10x50 and 12x50 binoculars weigh 863g (30.4 ounces) and 838g (29.5 ounces).