About this product
Part Number: 2957220
Features Baader's unique 'Diamond form' micro-geared drive system for zero backlash, zero cogging and zero flexure. Which is quite an achievement!
Suitable for Celestron C14/C11/C9.25/C8/C6/C5. Also suitable for Meade SCT/ACF telescopes with standard 2" SCT thread.
Diamond Form Drive System
- True diamonds form a micro-geared high precision drive system never accomplished before
- In comparison to conventional crayford or rack & pinion drives, this micro-geared movement has zero backlash, zero cogging, and zero flexure
- Diamond Steeltrack 2" focusers lift a payload of 6kg (13 lbs) straight up, without slipping, without excessive bearing preload (bearing preload can be increased further if necessary)
- Bearing system utilises unbreakable Instrument Grade Roller-Bearings instead of simpler Ball Bearings handles higher loads with greater rigidity and accuracy. No Teflon-pads anywhere
- 1:10 Stainless Steel fine-focus mechanism, ready for attachment of the optional Steeldrive temperature compensating motor drive system
- Detachable drive block assembly is reversible for right hand or left hand fie-focus operation and for attaching the Steeldrive motorblock onto Diamond-NT-Steeltracks for newtonian telescopes
- Shortest possible mechanical design achieves optimum balance between focuser height (backfocus) and rigidity requirements
- Zero shift locking knob to precisely stop any movement without affecting optical axis adjustment
- Each bearing individually adjustable for precise alignment of mechanical vs. optical axis
- Ultra-hard subzero coated bearing races – precision milled and much harder than anodising or stainless steel
- Oversized 55mm inner clear diameter, to prevent vignetting, with anti-reflection knife-edge baffles
- S58 Dovetail ring-clamp built into focusing tube for accepting optional T-2 / M48 / M68 and other S58 direct thread adapters to enable direct thread connection of accessories and cameras without 2" clamp
- 2" eyepiece clamp with hardened bronze clamp ring (length of clamp: 12.5mm / ½") included as standard
- Optionally available 2" Baader Clicklock-clamp w. integrated S58 dovetail (added length: 16mm / 5/8")
- Two auxiliary threads (M60x1 and M55x0,75) cut into the RT & NT focusing-tube for attachment of dedicated field flatteners or focal reducers/correctors
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Thursday, 12 July 2018 | Simon
Purchased on of these for my Skywatcher Mak150 Pro as the stock focuser is very hit and miss. Although I had previously used a SW crayford style I wasn't that happy with it. This Baader one is very nice quality and super smooth to use. The first one I received from FLO had a small chip and the fine adjustment knob was loose in the box and what I wasn't aware of at the time was it felt quite rough compared to this replacement one, FLO were excellent is sending out a replacement unit. 5 stars for FLO and 4.5 stars fro Baader due to problems with the first unit.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.