About this product
Part Number: lynxastro_dew_strap_15cm
Lynx Astro premium quality dew heater straps, made in the UK.
Robust design using modern materials for high performance and long life!
Simply wrap one around the telescope tube near the optics and secure it there with its integrated Velcro/elastic strap. A gentle heat is then transferred to the optics until the temperature is slightly warmer than the dew point.
This heater strap is 15cm long, please check the circumference of your eyepiece or finderscope first to ensure this will provide a good fit.
Will I need a Dew Controller?
A simple 12V Dew Heater Supply Cable can be used to connect the tape to a suitable 12V power-supply. When connected this way the tape is essentially running on full-power. This won't harm the tape but with smaller telescope apertures it might result in the optic being warmer than necessary which can effect the view and waste energy. The solution then is to use a Dew Controller that regulates the heat (also enables you to use more than one heater tape). Lynx Astro Dew heater tapes are compatible with most good dew controllers, including those manufactured by Lynx Astro & HitecAstro.
- Designed to fit 2" eyepieces or 50mm-60mm finderscopes (15cm long).
- Modern heating element provides even heat distribution and low power consumption.
- Produces 3W of heating power.
- Requires approximately 0.25Ah at 12v / full power.
- Outer thermal insulating layer prevents heat loss.
- 2m silicone cable remains flexible even at low temperatures.
- RCA / Phono Plug with moulded strain-relief - works with most dew controllers.
- Velcro/elastic strap ensures a snug fit.
- Smooth inner fabric protects the telescope's finish (doesn't scratch or mar the surface).
- 12v power supply required.
- Two year no fault replacement warranty.
|Average Rating (3 Reviews): |Fast delivery and well made dew heater strap.
Tuesday, 16 February 2021 | Mr
The delivery time from FLO was quick and efficient as always. The dew heater straps are well made and have an excellent power supply cable ( Heavy duty compared to most other makes) A larger diameter power cable also has less resistance which is always good for power hungry portable setups. Unfortunately I have not been able to test the performance as yet.
Boring First Class Service as ever (Yawn)
Monday, 1 February 2021 | Gary
Brilliant service as ever from FLO, from communication regarding stock, to superfast delivery, even now when many businesses are struggling to maintain their usual offer. Very knowledgable staff and a first class experience from start to finish. Highly recommended. The Lynx heater straps are of high quality and do exactly what it says on the tin.
Monday, 18 January 2021 | Robert
Fits nicely to a William Optics Uniguide 32 - as with other Lynx Astro product they're good quality and I'm pleased I bought them
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.