About this product
Part Number: lynxastro_dew_strap_sec_sml
Lynx Astro premium quality dew heater straps, made in the UK.
Robust design using modern materials for high performance and long life!
Simply wrap around the stalk of your secondary mirror holder. A gentle heat is then transferred to the optics until the temperature is slightly warmer than the dew point.
The power cable can then be routed along the secondary spider vane. We recommend black insulating tape to hold it in place.
Will I need a Dew Controller?
A simple 12V Dew Heater Supply Cable can be used to connect the tape to a suitable 12V power-supply. When connected this way the tape is essentially running on full-power. This won't harm the tape but with smaller telescope apertures it might result in the optic being warmer than necessary which can effect the view and waste energy. The solution then is to use a Dew Controller that regulates the heat (also enables you to use more than one heater tape). Lynx Astro Dew heater tapes are compatible with most good dew controllers, including those manufactured by Lynx Astro & HitecAstro.
- Suitable for use with smaller / 1.25" secondary holder stalks
- Modern heating element provides even heat distribution and low power consumption.
- Produces 2.2W of heating power.
- Requires approximately 0.18Ah at 12v / full power.
- Outer thermal insulating layer prevents heat loss.
- 2m silicone cable remains flexible even at low temperatures.
- RCA / Phono Plug with moulded strain-relief - works with most dew controllers.
- Velcro/elastic strap ensures a snug fit.
- Smooth inner fabric protects the telescope's finish (doesn't scratch or mar the surface).
- 12v power supply required.
- Two year no fault replacement warranty.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.