About this product
Part Number: 3339A-060
Introductory Price - new iOptron iPolar - a high precision, easy to use electronic polarscope!
Includes adapter for iOptron CEM60 Mounts (Internal).
The new iOptron iPolar electronic polarscope is a quick, easy way to accurately polar align your mount, even when you cannot see the pole star!
Accurate polar alignment has never been so simple, just put the 'X' on the 'Spot'! Well the 'X' does look more like a '+' and the 'Spot' isn't there but instead a representation of the celestial pole's location. Using the iPolar's graphical interface, the two overlaid symbols represent a precise polar alignment ensuring peak performance from your equatorial mount.
The iPolar utilises an electronic camera aligned with both the axes of your telescope mount. The software processes the camera images calculating the true pole's location, then guides you through adjustments needed to align your mount to the celestial pole. Gone will be the days of crouching behind a 'through the mount' polar scope, the iPolar facilitates making altitude and azimuth adjustments by just glancing at your laptops monitor. This system needs as few as four stars to locate the pole, and can do so even when the pole location itself is blocked by clouds, tree branches or other obstructions.
iPolar electronic polarscopes are available for most iOptron and other brand equatorial mounts.
- Fast and easy to use
- High precision (30 arcsec)
- No need to see the Pole Star
- No need to rotate the mount during alignment
- Unique imaging enhancement technique
- Smart plate solving
- On screen instruction during alignment
- Works even under poor sky conditions
- Compatible with most equatorial mount with a proper adapter
- The iPolar software needs Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later version, 32 bit or 64 bit operation system, with .NET Framework 4.6 or later version.
What makes iPolar unique?
- Easily installed inside the RA shaft on all iOptron equatorial mounts (except SmartEQ Pro)
- Can be used on any mount with adapters either internally or externally
- USB plug and play (no drivers needed)
- Works globally - no need to set hemisphere
- Works without visible Polaris (Northern Hemisphere) or Sigma Octantis (Southern Hemisphere)
- No need to rotate the mount during polar alignment
Currently Supported Mounts:
- iOptron CEM120/CEM120EC/CEM120EC2
- iOptron CEM60/CEM60EC
- iOptron CEM40/CEM40EC
- iOptron CEM25/CEM25EC/ZEQ25
- iOptron iEQ45Pro/iEQ45
- iOptron iEQ30Pro/iEQ30
- iOptron SkyGuider Pro
- iOptron SkyGuider
- iOptron SkyTracker ProCe
- iOptron SkyTracker
- Sky-Watcher NEQ6 / AZ-EQ6
- Sky-Watcher HEQ5
- Celestron AVX / CG5
- Celestron CGEM
|Field of View (FOV) ||~ 13 degree |
|Resolution ||30 arcsec approx. |
|Alignment Precision ||30 arcsec |
|Interface ||Mini USB2.0 |
|Software ||iPolar Software |
|Operation System ||Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, 32bit or 64 bit |
|Warranty ||Two year limited |
Downloads / Manuals
iPolar Operation Manual
Installation-CEM60 Internal (#3339A-060)
Installation-SkyGuider Pro (#3339R-SGP)
Software and Driver:
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |
25 March 2022 | Johnny
The Ipolar polar scope for the Ioptron CEM 60 EC works excellent. Its easy to install, and Ioptron has a great users manual on this on their site. Download the driver from ioptron.com
Level the tripod etc. and make a rough polar adjustment on the Polaris. Connect the camera, take a dark fram with polar scope cover on, remove cover, hit the "connet" camera button. Pretty soon an red cross appear. when adjusting alt/AZ knobs. As you get closer to Polaris a maroon cirkle will appear. Adjust the buttons so the red cross enters the maroon cirkle. Carfully adjust it, and when the maroon circle turns green. You are polar aligned. 5 minute job. This product is great help to me. Clear skies, Johnny Dolve in Norway
Easiest Polar alignment I have ever done!
29 May 2020 | Jonathan
I had this fitted by FLO with my new CEM60 I just bought. What a great experience, I have used many other software based solutions to polar align but it has never been as easy as this. Although the software interface looks a bit too simple to be good, it isn't. First time out I was beautifully aligned within 5 minutes on a new mount I had never used before. As i have to store and move my gear, this saves time and more importantly my AP guiding is now so good as polar alignment is so accurate. Expensive but some things are worth it.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.