About this product
Part Number: ZWO-SII7nm2
New 2" ZWO SII Narrowband Filter
The ZWO narrowband S-II 7nm filter passes light at 672nm wavelength with a bandpass of 7nm which is designed for nebula observation. It is suitable for visual observation on most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae and supernova remnants, use it with H-alpha and OIII narrowband filters (SHO Set) for tricolor CCD astrophotography.
Narrowband filters do not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
It can reduce the transmission of certain wavelengths of light, specifically those produced by artificial light including mercury vapour, and both high and low pressure sodium vapour lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow).
Form 2018, ZWO Made a progress on narrowband filters with the new standard, provide better performance.
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront over the both surfaces
- About 90% transmission at H-alpha line 656nm (H-Alpha filter )
- About 90% transmission at SII line 672nm (SII filter )
- About 90% transmission at major OIII line 500nm (OIII filter )
- Infrared wavelength 700-1100nm cut-off
- <0.1% transmission of off-band, OD3(Optical Density)
- Size: 2″
- Thickness: 5mm+2.5mm(thread)
- Thread: M48.5*0.75 male thread
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.