The revolutionary technology in the award-winning SkyProdigy telescope is now available for all Celestron computerised telescope including the SLT, SE, CG5-GT, VX, CGEM, CPC, Evolution & CGX/CGX-L series.
No need for a laptop. The StarSense is a standalone device, the clever processing and wizardry is onboard.
- Enables automatic alignment of your Celestron computerised telescope (please refer to the Compatibility list below)
- No need to identify or locate any star in the sky - StarSense automatically aligns your telescope, so you can begin observing in minutes
- Aligns in 3 minutes or less
- Provides advanced mount modelling—align on numerous stars throughout the sky for extremely precise GoTo pointing accuracy
- StarSense hand controller included
- Celestron's StarSense technology debuted in 2011 with Celestron’s SkyProdigy telescope line. SkyProdigy captured multiple awards that year, including Popular Mechanics’ Breakthrough Product Award and the esteemed Innovations Award at the 2011 International CES.
As SkyProdigy amassed accolades, Celestron engineers were already working to bring StarSense technology to other Celestron computerised telescopes. Now, with the StarSense Accessory, that dream is a reality.
The Celestron StarSense includes a small digital camera that attaches to the telescope’s optical tube, along with a specialised hand controller. Just attach the accessory, push the Align button on the hand controller, and StarSense starts capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database of 40,000 celestial objects. In about three minutes, StarSense will gather enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Then, press the Sky Tour button: StarSense will automatically slew to all the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more based on your exact time and location.
Even advanced astronomers will appreciate the Celestron StarSense because it replaces expensive software used for Advanced Mount Modeling, providing superior pointing accuracy from horizon to horizon. Users can add as many calibration stars as desired to give their telescope mount a new level of accuracy.
CG5-GT (with Aux Splitter)
NexStar SE Series
CPC, CPC DX
NexStar GPS Series
CGEM, CGEM DX
LCM (with Aux. splitter)
Note: Not compatible with Sky-Watcher mounts - see the StarSense for Sky-Watcher mounts accessory.