About this product
Part Number: Alpy600guide
The Alpy 600 Spectroscope can be used on the table or in the laboratory: in this case, it is sufficient to put the light source to observe in front of the slot. But when we want to observe the spectrum of a star, a problem arises: how do we know if we are pointing at the right star, and ensure that the star is perfectly positioned in the slot?
The guidance module answers this question : it allows to visualise the field of the telescope, as well as the slot (observed by the front of the spectroscope), with a guide camera. It is an indispensable aid to point as well as to guide and guide the telescope as soon as your observation lasts more than a few seconds.
The principle of the guidance module is simple: replace the standard slot of the Alpy 600 with a reflective slit and slightly inclined, which returns the image of the telescope on the guidance camera (or an eyepiece, with the optional eyepiece holder ). See the diagram below.
- Slit of 23μm (length 3mm).
- telescope interface M42x.075 (supplied with a 50.8mm / 2 "flange).
- mechanical pull (backfocus) to the telescope: 34mm (distance between the body of the guide module and the slot).
- C Mount for guide camera (17.5mm standard mechanical draft). If you are using a CS mount camera, consider putting on a C-CS Conversion Ring.
- light weight: 260g
- compact: 90x65x75mm (excluding camera guidance)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.