About this product
Part Number: 10729
An ideal instrument for the wide-field observation of Deep-Sky objects, including Nebulae, Star Fields, Star Clusters and Galaxies, the Moon, bright planets and Comets, as well for daytime terrestrial observations when used in conjunction with a 1.25" erecting prism (not supplied). This wide-field, short-tube telescope is great as fixed aperture lense for both Astrophotography and terrestrial photography. Its “fast" focal ratio makes it useful for capturing lunar and solar eclipses as well as nature photographs. The intuitive and easy to use AZ3 Alt-Azimuth mount provides excellent stability and precise control, via its slow motion cables, on both the horizontal (azimuth) and vertical (altitude) axes.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x15.4, x30.8, x32 & x64
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x160
- Objective Lens Diameter: 80mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 400mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 12.5mm & 26mm Plossls
- X2 Barlow Lens (1.25”)
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- Red Dot Finder
- 90º Star Diagonal (1.25"/31.7mm)
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- AZ3 Deluxe Alt-Azimuth Mount
- Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 77% more Light Gathering than 60mm
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Wednesday, 10 January 2018 | Mark
Ordered this on the Monday, came on the Wednesday - easily tracked the item too.
The telescope was double boxed and very well packed which was great to see.
I was surprised how heavy duty the tripod was - it really does seem impressive , really nice and solid too. The scope itself is much bigger than I thought it was going to be which was also a nice surprise. Nice set of instructions - apart from the lack of information about the altitude bolt for the az3 mount (which, by the way you have to loosen a tiny tiny amount - just enough for the mount to be moved) The two eyepieces are two great plossls and give nice crisp widefield views. All in all a real nice starter setup with everything you need - much more fun than binoculars and an amazing price.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.