About this product
Part Number: OAG-L
NEW ZWO OAG-L Off Axis Guider with larger 12mm x 12mm prism.
This new ZWO OAG-L is for use with ZWO APS-C (ASI2600) or full frame (ASI6200/2400) cameras and (only) EFW 36mm V2, EFW 2" (5x or 7x slot model) filter wheels, or the ZWO M54 Adaptor, with no EFW.
Provides a wider clear aperture than the previous model.
Easy to use and particularly well suited to longer focal length telescopes or telescopes with moving mirror focussing systems.
- Lightweight and exquisite
- 17.5mm thickness.
- Prism size: 12x12mm.
- The effective light-passing aperture is 11.7mm*8.3mm.
- Packaged with an M48 sensor tilt plate (5mm)
- It also works with ASI Mini cameras ASI174MM Mini, ASI290MM Mini and ASI120MM Mini.
- The large clear aperture supports full-frame cameras without vignetting.
- Considering the large prism size, we don’t recommend you use the OAG-L with telescopes with rear screw thread smaller than M48.
- The significant differences between OAG-L and M68 OAG are the prism size and the threads. The OAG-L design removed the inner threads so you can directly use the screws to connect it to other equipment.
- If the thread of your telescope side is M48, then you don’t need to remove the M48 sensor tilt plate coming with OAG-L.
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |Much better than the original
21 September 2022 | Stephen
I was using V1 on a 132mm setup, the stars could never be fully focussed and the small mirror size was noticeable. This fixed both and has improved guiding significantly..
20 July 2022 | Matthew
Nice piece of kit. Not had a chance to use this extensively but thereís no doubt itís an improvement on the smaller prism model ZWO also manufacture. Looking forward to improved guiding.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.