Delivers the same quick, easy to use fun of the Original Quark to owners of SCT, Maktsutov and ~F/15 refractor telescopes.
About this product
Part Number: DSZCC
DayStar Quark Combo Hydrogen Alpha 'Eyepiece'
Designed for use with SCT, Maktsutov and ~F/15 refractor telescopes.
The Combo Quark is a simple to use Ha filter 'eyepiece' (it isn't really an eyepiece) for viewing the Sun in H-alpha.
It fits into your 1.25" diagonal or focuser (or 2" diagonal / focuser with a 1.25" adapter) and can be used with regular 1.25" eyepieces.
Like the original Quark, the Combo Quark* is available in a choice of 'prominence or 'chromosphere' for the same low price. The Chromosphere model is the best all-rounder so is most popular. It's 0.3 - 0.5 Å bandpass delivers remarkable surface detail and some broad prominences.
Adapters are available for use with 2" eyepieces or for attaching T or C mount cameras and accessories for solar imaging.
Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimised for the 656nm wavelength. Daystar have also reduced power consumption so the Quark Combo can operate all day off an optional, palm-sized battery pack.
Do not use with full aperture SCTs or damage to your secondary mirror may result. SCTs must be fitted with an off axis ERF, available separately.
SCT and Maksutov users need to purchase an Energy Rejection Filter specific to their telescope for safe operation.
SCT owners must employ a front mount, off-axis, aperture reduced Energy Rejection Filter (ERF) in order to achieve optimum performance. This front mount ERF will generate a slower focal ratio through aperture reduction while preventing heat build-up in the optical tube assembly.
Maktsutov telescopes operating at a native ~F/15 focal ratio do not need to reduce the aperture of the telescope but must use front mount energy rejection to prevent overheating of the optical tube assembly.
Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK assemblies are qualified to show either prominences or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated.
- Front, male, 1.25" eyepiece snout with safety indent slots directly into your diagonal or focuser
- Includes 2° off axis 1.25" snout adapter for use with off axis SCT and Mak ERFs.
- Standard rear female 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect your eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Ã with detents at every 0.1Å LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault.
- 5 year warranty
- Integrated 25mm blocking filter, 21mm clear filter aperture.
- No barlow lenses or focusing elements included. This unit is a 0-power filter only.
- Best performance with F/15 - F/30 refractors or Mak's full aperture; or SCTs and Maks with off axis, aperture reduced ERF.
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~1800mm focal length
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views.
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
*The QUARK* assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters' Fabry Perot etalon technology.
What's in the box
- Quark Combo Eyepiece
- 1.25" Eyepiece Drawtube
- 1.25" snout adapter for use with off axis SCT and Mak ERFs
- Wall Power Adapter
- USB Power Cable
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.